Website Calderdale Council
Application closing date
Scale 3, SCP5 – 6, £19,650 to £20,043 pro rata, £10.19 – £10.39 per hour
25 hours per week, permanent contract
Post Ref: CC889
We are looking to recruit a permanent Home Care Support Worker to work within the Support In Mind Team.
The Support in Mind Team is a unique service which supports individuals with a diagnosis of Dementia within their own home.
You will work with an established team of carers placing emphasis on dignity and choice, promoting independence, and supporting individuals with personal hygiene needs, preparing meals, and taking medication. We pride ourselves on matching carers to individuals to achieve the best possible outcomes.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference to individuals lives and able to apply person centred approaches.
Your qualities will include:
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude that will enhance the positive experiences of the individuals.
- Ability to demonstrate good practice in your work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use your own initiative and think creatively.
- A flexible approach to ensure we meet changing needs of the individuals we support and the service we provide.
In return we provide:
- A full induction and on-going training and development relevant to the role.
- A friendly, diverse, dynamic, and supportive team.
- Various routes of progression to other areas within the Council.
- The opportunity to input into this innovative service.
- Comprehensive reward and benefits package, which includes generous terms and conditions of employment and access to a wide range of retail discounts and lifestyle savings.
You will need to be a driver, have access to a car and be available to work 5 days out of 7 days on a rolling rota, including weekends and Bank Holidays (for which enhancements are paid), between the hours of 7am -10pm. Additional hours are often available although this cannot be guaranteed.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. Applicants to posts that are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act will require a DBS (formerly CRB) from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed.
Closing Date: Sunday 30th October 2023
Interview Date: TBC
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV and a covering letter/email to
[email protected] .
[email protected] .
Alternatively, you can post your documents to Recruitment Team, Calderdale Council, Halifax Town Hall, Halifax, HX1 1UJ.
Please ensure you clearly state the reference number (CC889) on your CV or return email.
We may utilise digital interview methods.
As part of our Vision (https://www.calderdale.gov.uk/vision/) we aim to be a talented, resilient and inclusive community. We welcome applications from all and offer a variety of flexible working / job share opportunities for both full and part time staff.
On 30 January 2019, the Council declared a climate emergency in a bold move to step up its action to tackle climate change.
Calderdale Council embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and we are committed to providing an environment that is inclusive. We encourage applications from people who share our commitment to challenge inequality and promote diversity across Calderdale. We particularly welcome applications from communities that are currently under-represented in our organisation, including Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic applicants. All applications are anonymised before being seen by the selection panel.
For support on your application please read our Application Booklet or visit our Employment Hub | Calderdale Council
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date, an early submission is advised.