Website Calderdale Council
Application closing date
Scale 3, SCP5 – 6, £19,650 – £20,043 pro rata, £10.19 – £10.39 per hour
25 hours per week, Permanent
Post Ref: CC274
We are looking for kind, caring and compassionate individuals who really want to make a difference, to join our team of Reablement Support Assistants at Heatherstones Court. Heatherstones Court is a reablement support and specialist housing service for all ages in Calderdale. There are 9 single apartments and 2 double apartments.
Court provides support for:
Court provides support for:
- People on discharge from hospital who need a short period of help and support (Reablement) before getting back to their former self where possible.
- People who are experiencing difficulties in their own home and can no longer access their home because of changes to their health or personal circumstances.
- People who have become homeless because they are unable to return to their own home or are experiencing a change in their personal circumstances.
- People may be living in a property which requires urgent repairs or has been assessed as unsafe to reside. The property may need refurbishment or a fresh start.
- Previous experience of supporting individuals who require care and support.
- A caring attitude and a desire to help people to become more independent.
- Forward thinkers who can encourage and enable people to remain an active part of their community.
- Ability to work positively within a team and always communicate professionally.
- Able to build effective relationships.
- Ensure the service users rights, dignity choice and dignity are maintained and respected.
- A flexible approach to work rotas is required, as we operate a 7-day service shift patterns are from 8 am until 21.4hrs.
In return we provide:
- A full induction and on-going training and development relevant to the role.
- The opportunity to complete the Care Certificate.
- A friendly, diverse, dynamic, and supportive team.
- Various routes of progression to other areas within the Council.
- The opportunity to input into this innovative service.
- Comprehensive reward and benefits package, which includes generous terms and conditions of employment and access to a wide range of retail discounts and lifestyle savings.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. Applicants to posts that are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act will require a DBS from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed.
Please note: Anyone working or volunteering in one of our CQC registered care homes will need to be fully vaccinated against coronavirus (COVID-19). You will need to agree to continue to receive any required vaccinations in accordance with public health guidance throughout employment with us, unless medically exempt.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Nicola Gale (Registered Team Manager) on 01422 392229/ 07754859786.
Closing Date: Thursday 20th October 2023
Interview Date: TBC
We may utilise digital interview methods.
As part of our Vision (https://www.calderdale.gov.uk/vision/) we aim to be a talented, resilient and inclusive community. We welcome applications from all and offer a variety of flexible working / job share opportunities for both full and part time staff.
On 30 January 2019, the Council declared a climate emergency in a bold move to step up its action to tackle climate change.
Calderdale Council embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and we are committed to providing an environment that is inclusive. We encourage applications from people who share our commitment to challenge inequality and promote diversity across Calderdale. We particularly welcome applications from communities that are currently under-represented in our organisation, including Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic applicants. All applications are anonymised before being seen by the selection panel.
For support on your application please read our Application Booklet or visit our Employment Hub | Calderdale Council.
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date, an early submission is advised.