Website Cardiff Council
The Local Financial Management (LFM) Service provides a comprehensive financial accounting and budgetary support service to schools. The service is designed to support schools with the effective management of their finances, ensuring that Cardiff schools plan their finances strategically, in line with the aims of the school and the funding available.
- Supporting schools with their Financial Management System
- Supporting schools operating a bank account
- Supporting schools in financial difficulty
- Supporting with the preparation of the school’s budget plan
- Facilitating the monitoring of the individual school’s budget
- Undertaking reporting on the school finances to the Council’s Section 151 Officer
- Supporting schools with the monitoring of grant funding
- Training of newly appointed Head Teachers, bursars and governors
- Adhering to deadlines is an essential part of the role and, therefore, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to work in an organised and disciplined manner, managing their time effectively.
- A financial qualification is not essential, however a relevant accountancy qualification is desirable.
- Due to the requirement to attend Governing Body meetings the post will entail some evening work usually during term time.
- The position requires an individual with a financial background and experience of either working in the Accountancy profession or studying towards a career within it.
- This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic individual looking to continue their career development within the financial sector.
Qualification & Experience:
- The successful candidate will have sound numerical and technical skills and the ability to work with relevant IT packages.
Company: Cardiff Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cardiff, Wales
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here