Website Cardiff Council
Working as part of Cardiff Education’s Inclusion Service, the Emotional Health and Wellbeing (EHW) Team supports learners who have Emotional Health and Wellbeing difficulties. The team offers a wide range of advice, support and training to learners, parents/carers, schools and other professionals, and works closely with colleagues from across our schools, the Inclusion Service, Health and Children’s Services. We work in a wide range of settings with learners from Reception to Year 14 to support inclusion and ensure our learners achieve their full potential.
- Through the role you will contribute to raising awareness, increasing expertise and knowledge across our schools, and model and support excellent inclusive practice in the field of EHW.
- Although there is some direct teaching, a large part of the role involves working with organisations to create change and to meet learners needs.
- The successful applicant will join a team of experienced and enthusiastic EHW Specialist Teachers and Teaching Assistants.
- The role involves a wide range of different experiences, working in primary and secondary mainstream schools, supporting learners with a range of EHW needs, their schools, families and other professionals.
- The successful candidate will receive MPS/UPS + 1 or 2 SEN points depending on their specific qualification in the area of ALN/EHW.
- Secure knowledge and evidence of understanding both local and national initiatives and developments in relation to ALN/ emotional health and wellbeing needs including excellent time management and organisational skills
- A sound understanding of the range of Emotional Health and Wellbeing needs and their implications for teaching and learning
- Evidence of ongoing CPD within the field of ALN and EHW
- A thorough knowledge of strategies that impact on learners with EHW difficulties
- Significant proven teaching experience of working with EHW learners and leading school-based improvement projects in this area.
- The ability to manage change, problem solve, use high levels of initiative and manage own workload effectively
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of multi-agency working including parents/ carers.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Experience of applying person centred planning approaches
Company: Cardiff Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cardiff, Wales
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here