Store Manager – Christchurch, Fairmile Road
Location: The Co-operative Food, Fairmile Hotel, Christchurch, BH23 2LP
Pay: £28,800 – £35,700 plus great benefits
Full training given
As a store manager at Co-op, you’ll deliver our store purpose by driving the commercial and community strategies in your store. You’ll lead your team to provide a great shopping experience, helping them to learn and grow so they can bring our ‘Co-operating for a fairer world’ vision to life for customers and members.
In return, we’ll help you to build a personal development plan so you can progress your career at Co-op. You’ll also get the chance to give something back to your local community, as a front-line owner of our unique ethical purpose.
What you’ll do
- Friendly and thoughtful service – you’ll empower your team to deliver great service, personally promote the Co-op difference to customers and members, and make sure our brand reputation is protected and enhanced
- Engage with everyone to succeed together – you’ll build an inclusive culture where everyone can speak up and share their views, and develop your team through regular performance conversations to help them reach their potential
- Make sure the store is safe, legal and operational – you’ll manage and optimise your store’s commercial performance, recruit new team members and manage HR processes, and make sure the environment is safe for customers
- Embrace change – you’ll lead change activities in-store, supporting your team to deliver and embed new ways of working, and using industry/local market insight to drive continuous improvement
- Co-operate for a fairer world – you’ll understand your store’s part in our vision and use this to inspire your team, you’ll also collaborate with your local member pioneer on the development and delivery of their community plan
This job would suit people who have
- experience of leading and developing a team
- experience of working in a fast-paced service focused environment
- willingness to roll up your sleeves and support the team with delivery of stores activities and standards
- good communication skills, with the ability to build positive relationships and influence all kinds of people
- the ability to coach, motivate and inspire your team
- strong resilience and excellent problem solving skills
- the ability to understand and analyse commercial information
We’ll give you real autonomy, and great support to enable you to progress your career. You’ll also get package that includes:
- an annual bonus (based on personal and business performance)
- a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- 28 days holiday (rising to 31 with service)
- 20% off Co-op branded products in our food stores all year-round
- 10% off other brands all year-round (doubles to 20% on the Friday and Saturday after payday)
- Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
- discounts on other Co-op products and services
- services to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing
Building an inclusive workplace
We want to build diverse teams where everyone can give their best and develop to their full potential. We believe in equal opportunities, and we know it’s important that our teams reflect the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of the application process for this job, you’ll need to complete two online assessments. It will take 15-20 minutes to complete these tests.
We reserve the right to remove a vacancy before the scheduled closing date.