£31,000 – £36,000 plus benefits (Work Level 6A)
12 month Fixed Term Contract
Manchester city centre
We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home/remote working and the office. You can find out more about our hybrid working policy at colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy
We’re looking for a floor planner to join us and help us make sure we’ve always got the right range, in the right store, so our customers can get the products they love. If you can bring the commercial, customer and analytical skills that we’re looking for, then we can offer you the chance to develop your career. And at the same time, you’ll have a big impact on customers and stores, building a career with a business that puts people and customers at the heart of its strategy.
In this role, you’ll design and create accurate store floor plans making sure we deliver the optimum customer offer and commercial potential of each store. We’ll look for you to design floor plans for the investment programme, special projects and a wide variety of range events and other activities from key partners across the business. It’ll be your role to allocate category space to support these requests, ensuring we maximise the customer offer and financial performance of the store.
- design and maintain category floor plans for our food stores, making sure your design takes into account our store colleagues and the customer experience
- work on different projects at the same time, designing floor plans for new stores, refits, range events or other projects
- review seasonal implications on category space assignment
- efficiently manage requests from retail operations to change category space allocation, challenging when required if result affects store colleagues or the customer experience
- review store performance and evaluate sales and profit opportunities
- build relationships and work cross-functionally with multiple teams across our business
- engage with retail and the wider format team to understand how your design works in store and gather feedback to drive improvements
- develop your skills and work with JDA and AutoCAD software to design your plans
- a good understanding and a real passion and interest for food retail
- excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to build relationships with a broad range of partners across the business
- the ability to analyse store performance data to improve profitability and enhance our customer offer
- good IT skills; you’re able to easily adapt to and learn new systems
- intermediate Excel skills
- a keen eye for detail and accuracy
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- competitive salary
- coaching, training and support to help you develop
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- annual incentive scheme
- Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.