Undergraduate Product Developer
£19,400 plus benefits (Work Level 6C)
1-year work placement starting end of June 2023
Manchester city centre
We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home/remote working and the office. For this role, you will be expected to attend the office 2-3 days a week, depending on workload. You can find out more about our hybrid working policy at colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy
If we receive a high volume of applications, we may decide to bring the closing date forward. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible to ensure that we can consider you for the role.
We’re looking for a driven and ambitious undergraduate to join our product development team on a 12-month placement. If you’re a natural team player with a passion for developing your career, we can offer you an amazing opportunity to do just that with a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As the UK’s largest convenience retailer, we’re committed to providing high quality, ethical products at great prices to our millions of customers and members nationwide. And as our undergraduate product developer, we’ll look to you to support our team in creating exciting new own-brand products that taste great, and always live up to the highest quality standards. If you can show us the potential and passion we’re looking for, you’ll have a unique opportunity to really develop your skills and experience in a real job, with real responsibilities.
What you’ll do
- build relationships with internal teams and external suppliers, making sure products launch successfully
- support the development/redevelopment of fantastic own-label products
- use your food expertise and passion to create clear development briefs
- monitor and keep track of products throughout the critical path up to launch
- work collaboratively with other teams to make sure products meet expectations
- visit different stores and manufacturing sites across the UK to drive our product development strategy and delivery plan
- identify new trends and gaps in the market
- support the communication of key product information and launch activity
- drive and deliver your own projects to help develop Co-op ranges
This role will suit people who have
- a real passion for food and developing your career
- an undergraduate status on a food related degree
- the ability to build great relationships with all kinds of people, both internally and externally
- excellent communication skills, with the ability to present clearly and concisely
- a logical approach to solving complex problems
- the confidence to manage projects from brief to delivery
- self-motivation to work unsupervised
As a Co-op undergraduate placement, you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- a competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- coaching, training and support to help you develop
- discounts on Co-op products and services including 20% in Co-op food stores
- a company laptop is provided
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.