Data Business Analyst
£30,000 – £40,000 plus excellent benefits, including up to 10% employer pension contribution and health & wellbeing rewards through the YuLife app (Work Level 6A)
Manchester city centre
We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home/remote working and the office. You can find out more about our hybrid working policy at colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy
We’re looking for a data business analyst to join us at Co-op and help us roll out key transformation programmes and deliver best in breed data products and systems. You’ll be in the engine room of everything that we do, as we transform the way we use data at Co-op, whilst making sure that our members, customers, and communities are always at the centre of our thinking.
In this role, you’ll be our bridge between the wider business and the data enablement team. You’ll provide data and insights to our colleagues, enabling them to make effective decisions for the business. If you can bring us the business analysis skills and experience we need, we can offer you the chance to get involved, grow your career, and make a real difference to Co-op.
What you’ll do
- work with key business leaders to determine data and BI requirements, supporting the delivery of best in breed data products and systems
- co-ordinate and lead scoping workshops to understand requirements, and work with project teams to draw out detailed demands
- collaborate with colleagues and business partners to document how they interact with data and different data sources
- confidently articulate to colleagues what information we’re able to provide, recommending opportunities that our cross-functional teams can implement
- document and log any findings or issues, working with the business and experts to come up with suitable solutions
- build and own a backlog of user stories to document delivery of data products
- champion of continuous improvement both across the squad and wider department
- establish, maintain, and grow a network of stakeholder relationships, ensuring that requirements/initiatives are aligned with the expectations and strategy
- ensure business analyst practices centre around data, embedding measures into all change and ensuring the effect of change can be measured, monitored, and understood
This role would suit people who have
- previous experience working as a business analyst preferably in a data or technology setting
- excellent attention to detail and strong documentation skills
- great communication and relationship management skills, with the confidence to influence and challenge colleagues at all levels
- excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- confidence to facilitate workshops to generate requirements
- solid knowledge and experience of working in an Agile way
- experience in identifying dependencies and risks across multiple project or delivery streams.
- proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- in depth knowledge of BA methods and toolkit
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- competitive salary
- coaching, training, and support to help you develop
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- annual incentive scheme
- health and wellbeing incentives and rewards through the YuLife app
- Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances.