£19,400 plus benefits (Work Level 6C)
Multiple opportunities available
5 days over 7 working pattern, including some weekend working
Manchester City Centre
We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home/remote working and the office. In this role, there is an expectation you will attend the office a minimum of two days a week. You can find out more about our hybrid working policy at
We’re looking for data coordinators to join us and help us make sure the data across our food retail support systems is accurate and up to date. You’ll join our Optimisation Centre (OC), a dedicated team of experts who work collaboratively with teams across our food, technology, and people functions to make sure our integrated solutions meet Co-op’s business requirements. If you’ve got the great analytical and organisational skills we’re looking for, we can give you a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and build your profile with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As a data coordinator at the Co-op, you’ll be responsible for inputting and maintaining promotional, product, and pricing data into our commercial and supply chain systems. You’ll be trained on how to use each one, and how the work you do will impact them. And it’ll be down to you and your team to help keep the cycle running. Working to tight deadlines, you’ll be key to our supply chain, making sure that our data is processed accurately, and our stores have the products they need to serve our members, customers, and communities.
What you’ll do
- take ownership for the accurate processing, inputting, and maintaining of product, pricing, and promotional data into our commercial and supply chain systems
- manage large amounts of information and reporting, reviewing documents and data to make sure all details are correct and submitted in time
- build relationships and work collaboratively with partners across the business, supporting them to make sure we’re getting things right first time
- respond to colleague queries about product, pricing, and promotions, offering fact-based recommendations using information available
- work with your team to develop and enhance your knowledge and capability
- provide support on business change projects while finding opportunities to improve processes
- analyse data to identify inconsistencies and spot trends to support continuous improvement
This role would suit people who have
- a naturally organised approach, along with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- the confidence to work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines
- strong IT skills, including MS Excel, and confident using new systems
- great team working skills
- some experience in data entry or retail – this would be a huge advantage, but not essential
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- competitive salary
- coaching, training, and support to help you develop
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- annual incentive scheme
- Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.