£20,000 – £23,000 plus benefits (Work Level 6C)
Manchester city centre
We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home/remote working and the office. You can find out more about our hybrid working policy at colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy
We’re looking for two payroll specialists to join our payroll operations team. It’s a busy team; they process the salaries for approximately 70,000 Co-op employees and pensioners on a 4-week cycle, and their goal is to make sure that every colleague is paid the right amount at the right time. If you have the payroll experience and team working skills that we need, then we can offer you the opportunity to build your knowledge and develop your skills with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
In this role, we’ll look to you to make sure our payroll processes are delivered correctly and in line with tight deadlines. You’ll be working in a high-volume environment, with a seriously complex payroll that covers the entire Co-op family of businesses. We’ve made lots of improvements to our payroll service over recent years, making processes quicker, easier and more effective for customers across the business. It’s an exciting time to join, as you’ll have the chance to spot opportunities to help us to further improve the way we work.
- use the Oracle Fusion system to process payroll data to tight deadlines
- process starters, leavers, absences and ad-hoc payments
- perform manual calculations and analysis to make sure payroll is completed in line with high Co-op standards
- check key payroll control reports to make sure they’re accurate and compliant to government legislation
- spot opportunities for continuous improvement, identifying ways to further streamline our payroll service
- some previous payroll experience with the ability to confidently complete manual calculations
- a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- a CIPP qualification (or you’re working towards this)
- the ability to confidently use Microsoft Word and Excel
- good team working skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with others
- the ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- good organisational skills, with the ability to manage a large caseload and prioritise your work
- familiarity with Oracle Fusion software would be beneficial but isn’t essential
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- competitive salary
- coaching, training and support to help you develop
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- annual incentive scheme
- Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.