SAP Functional Consultant (F&R)
£60,000 – £75,000 plus excellent benefits (Work Level 5)
Manchester city centre
We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home/remote working and the office. You can find out more about our hybrid working policy at colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy
We’re looking for SAP specialists to help us embed and optimise SAP across our Co-op.
SAP forms the backbone of our IT systems. We’ve transformed our ways of working by implementing SAP across our food business, allowing us to plan, buy and move goods in a more agile way. Now we’re rolling this out across new parts of our organisation, and we need specialists in the Forecasting & Replenishment (F&R) / Supply Chain Management, and Retail Master Data and Pricing modules to join us and lead the delivery and growth of this critical application.
As an SAP functional consultant, you’ll provide thought leadership, functional design and technical expertise to Co-op – strengthening our current proposition and helping to deliver new modules across the rest of the business. You’ll work alongside SAP solution architects to spot opportunities and provide alternative solutions to any problems. This is a key role in our newly formed SAP team where you’ll be helping us build a first-class in-house SAP capability, gaining exposure to S/4 HANA, as well as developing your SAP career along the way.
- craft the functional design of SAP looking at the whole end-to-end process including functional specification, operating guides etc.
- work closely with SAP solution architects to provide alternatives for problems and identify opportunities to make improvements within our SAP processes
- serve as a trusted SAP advisor across the different Co-op businesses
- be the first point of contact for complex SAP technical questions and queries
- provide input and quality assurance for any systems integration related activities
- make sure we’re adopting the best ways of working and solutions available to, which are fit for the future
- mentor and develop colleagues within the team, building our SAP capability
- provide insights on innovation and updates to SAP platforms by keeping in contact with peers e.g. SAP UK and the UK & Ireland SAP User Group (UKISUG)
This role will suit people who have
- significant experience working as an SAP functional consultant or SAP super user
- expertise in one or more of the following SAP modules:
o SAP F&R / Supply Chain Management
o SAP Retail Master Data and Pricing
- experience working on large scale, transformation projects with SAP
- strong analytical and communication skills
- the ability to build great relationships and influence a variety of people across the business
- a strong passion to build in house, best practice capability and teams
- experience working and delivering successfully across an environment comprising multiple suppliers, stakeholders and timezones
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- competitive salary
- private healthcare
- coaching, training and support to help you develop
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- annual incentive scheme
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances.