Member Pioneer – Yatton & Clevedon
£9.97 per hour plus excellent benefits
Home based in Yatton & Clevedon. You’ll need to live in or very close to this community to be eligible to apply
4 hours per week. Flexible hours that meet the needs of your community
At Co-op, we stand for something different, and we put our communities at the heart of everything we do. As a member pioneer, you’ll play a key part in helping us to build stronger and fairer communities. We’ll look to you to bring people together, connecting with Co-op members, colleagues, and representatives of the many local groups we support. By building these relationships, you’ll be the catalyst for new ideas, initiatives and projects that will make our communities better places to live. So, if you’re passionate about making a difference, join our team and be part of our plan for a better future.
What you’ll do:
- build a strong group of contacts locally, alongside using social media to help with listening to and getting involved in community conversation
- develop an action plan to improve community wellbeing, aligned to key themes
- establish and run a local community forum, or become part of one that already exists
- prioritise your time, making your hours count and focusing on opportunities to make the biggest difference
- get activities off the ground and encourage participation from members in your community
This role would suit someone who:
- is committed, enthusiastic and has a passion for improving their community
- can inspire and motivate people through their communication style
- loves working with and connecting to people
- can prioritise their time and remain focussed on a long-term goal
- has good basic IT skills and is confident using social media
- lives within or very close to the community you’ll support, detailed above
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, and in this role, you’ll have an opportunity to make a difference. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- competitive salary
- 31 days holiday including bank holidays (rising to 38 in line with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
- a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- free support for your physical, mental, and financial wellbeing
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and we aim to build working environments where everyone feels welcome. Our Co-op colleague networks and inclusive development programmes help provide equal opportunities for all colleagues to reach their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
If you have a disability, we can make reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process according to your needs. We’re also part of the Disability Confident scheme, meaning we’ll always offer an interview to disabled candidates who apply through the scheme if they meet the minimum criteria for a job.
You can find out more about all our commitments to diversity and inclusion at colleagues.coop.co.uk/diversity-inclusion-and-wellbeing.