About the job
Tax & Legal are establishing a new Pursuit Centre of Excellence (PCOE) team, which will be the driving force for rapid market capture, pipeline management and bid support on the largest and strategically important opportunities within our Tax and Legal practice across North and South Europe (NSE).
We are recruiting three Pursuit Consultants into our team. The Pursuit Consultant will play a vital role in the team – supporting the Pursuit Leader and working closely with the client service delivery teams to lead the creation of compelling and differentiated pursuit campaigns that will be delivered to clients. They will work as part of an overall Pursuit Team with key responsibilities for delivering high quality, creative materials to senior team members and business stakeholders and meeting all timescales agreed in the pursuit plan.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application
The Pursuit Consultant role will include the following activities:
- Support the Pursuit Leader with, and contribute to, day-to-day pursuit activities to ensure all key deadlines and timescales are successfully met.
- Review RFP response documents and other materials to ensure that we are addressing the client’s requirements and that key messages are referenced throughout the response.
- Primary responsibility for drafting bid documentation – including delegating and reviewing work by more junior members of the Pursuit Team.
- Being a point of contact for, and working with, the client service delivery team to understand aims and needs, with relevant skills to deliver against these.
- Support the Pursuit Leader and Pursuit Coach with other ad hoc activities as/when required – including meeting preparation and internal presentations.
- Collaborate closely and build strong relationships with the Creative team on document production, themes/design and timelines.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Deloitte NSE Geographies
Work pattern: This is a permanent full-time opportunity.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
Successful applicants will have:
- Exceptional attention to detail, organisational skills and a real focus on delivering high quality outputs
- High motivation with an eagerness to work in a pursuit centre and committed to working as part of a close-knit team
- Strong use of initiative and able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Enthusiasm and interest in developing their skills further and continuing to build their capabilities
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent written and language skills with experience, and a good understanding of, structuring and writing proposal content
- Demonstrable strong communication and internal stakeholder management skills
- Experience of working directly for senior team members
- An understanding of Tax and Legal related services is an advantage but not a pre-requisite.
Your service line: Tax & Legal
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it’s all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You’ll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you’ll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.