About the job
Tax & Legal are establishing a new Pursuit Centre of Excellence (PCOE) team, which will be the driving force for rapid market capture, pipeline management and bid support on the largest and strategically important opportunities within our Tax and Legal practice across North and South Europe (NSE). We are recruiting two Pursuit Team Analysts into our team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to kickstart your career in professional services environment, working on some of the largest and most strategically important opportunities. The Tax and Legal PCOE offers a clear career path to develop from Analyst to Consultant, alongside working with multiple client delivery teams and senior stakeholders at an early stage in your career. The Pursuit Team Analyst will play a vital role in the team – supporting the Pursuit Consultant and Pursuit Leader to create compelling and differentiated pursuit deliverables for prospective clients. They will work as part of the overall Pursuit Team with key responsibilities from day one, from drafting high quality, creative materials that demonstrate our business capabilities to conducting research on prospective clients.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application
The Team Member role will include the following activities:
- Collaborate closely with and support the Pursuit Consultant and Pursuit Lead throughout the pursuit life cycle across a wide range of tasks and ensure all key deadlines and timescales are successfully met. Assist with drafting bid documentation that addresses the requirements of our prospective clients and client service teams.
- Conduct internal research for specific bids to ascertain existing relationships with prospective clients, what projects we have undertaken with the client and other useful information (e.g. current issues).
- Review company website and identify the client’s group strategy and how this links into our proposition and key messaging.
- Support production of newsletters for the practice regarding the team and bids that it has worked on.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Successful applicants will be offered:
- An alternative to university
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Technical and business skills training
- Fast progression on a structured career path with plenty of support and flexibility
- Opportunities to develop your career in any direction, anywhere in the world
- Agile working options
- Opportunities to join lots of societies and events
- Support from ten diversity networks
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Deloitte NSE geographies
Work pattern: This is a permanent full-time opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
Successful applicants will have:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organisational skills
- Good attention to detail and ability to deliver quality written work
- Good interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to deliver work and support team members
- Strong use of initiative and able to work independently to meet deadlines
Your service line: Tax & Legal
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it’s all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You’ll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you’ll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.