About the job
This is an exciting opportunity to join our WorldClimate Sustainability team and accelerate our journey by empowering our people to drive climate action.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
You will help drive the ‘Empower Individuals’ pillar of the WorldClimate strategy and play a key role in empowering our people at Deloitte to drive climate action by managing inspiring communication projects, creating meaningful moments of engagement, and building great relationships with key people across our organization.
You will be a catalyst of change in our Deloitte UK business, and you will share learnings and best practice with geographies across our member firms in Deloitte North & South Europe (NSE).
We are looking for an individual with interest in Sustainability, driven to make an impact that matters, and skills related to project management, people empowerment, communications and campaign management.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements, which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
You will join our WorldClimate team, a diverse group leading our transformation work across the business. From net zero specialists to climate communication experts, explore their areas of expertise and why they’re passionate about the planet. Meet our climate change experts | Deloitte UK
This role will support the ‘Empower Individuals pillar’ of the WorldClimate strategy. The resource will manage projects that empower Deloitte’s people to drive climate action, a key element of which will be how we inspire, engage and communicate with them. They will also use their learnings to create and share best practice for use across NSE, in pursuit of Deloitte’s WorldClimate objectives.
Communications and campaign management:
- Support the creation of the UK WorldClimate communications strategy, timings and support its delivery by collaborating closely with the Internal and External Comms, Creative Content and Marketing teams
- Be the primary contact for all internal WorldClimate communications in the UK, and incorporate WorldClimate messaging and campaigns into both the UK communications calendars
- Create WorldClimate communications including writing and editing articles, crafting leadership comms, intranet pages, physical/digital signage and internal newsletters
- Be the focal point of internal UK WorldClimate campaigns that raise awareness of our agenda and advocate the importance of sustainable behaviours. Note, this may involve leading the creation of UK-focused campaigns or it may be rolling out pre-packed NSE- or DTTL- campaigns, e.g. the annual DTTL Earth Month campaign
- Liaise with creative agencies as needed to create assets to bring our engagement program to life
- Build relationships with internal UK stakeholders across all elements of the employee lifecycle, such as attraction/recruitment, onboarding and goal setting/reward/promotions, to ensure WorldClimate is incorporated within their narrative and sustainable behaviors are embedded in everyone’s role
- Feed into plans to upskill key decision makers on climate issues, focusing on what sustainability means, the importance of this agenda, and actions they can take to help us meet our commitments
- Support the implementation and engagement with tools/apps in the UK that drive more sustainable behaviors
- Support the promotion of climate and sustainability learning as relevant and run webinars for Climate Champions focused on sustainability topics
- Provide ad-hoc support to our UK Deloitte Works program, where our Empowering Individuals agenda touches our future operating model, e.g. supporting a project to scope benefits that enable homeworkers to operate more sustainably
- Work with our Ecosystems team and Responsible Business to promote volunteering opportunities and create content that leverages WorldClimate partnerships in order to educate and engage colleagues across the UK
- Manage projects to ensure the UK meets the requirements of the Empower Individuals element of our WorldClimate strategy
- Track progress against our plan – both through actions taken and impact had – to enable the continual review and refinement of our Empowering Individuals strategy
- Oversee a UK stakeholder engagement plan to ensure our WorldClimate objectives and successes are visible to our stakeholders as appropriate
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- Background in communications, relationship building, branding, operations and/or program/project delivery.
- Awareness and interest of sustainability
- An understanding of corporate sustainability and responsible business drivers, levers, risks and opportunities, or a demonstrated ability to learn
- Ability to bring together a range of stakeholders to deliver complex programmes across a large and diverse organization
- Energetic, enthusiastic, flexible, persuasive and proactive attitude with strong influencing skills
- Strong ability to engage and influence stakeholders
- Strategic and critical thinking capability – with a view to being able to connect the dots, spot and shape opportunities and think ahead
- Strong communications skills – excellent writing and editing skills with confident presentation skills
- Strong project management, time management, and organisational skills
- Strong research and analytical skills – confidence in providing insights and recommendations
- Actively scan the external environment for news, trends, opportunities, and risks – maintain an ongoing understanding of Deloitte’s marketplace positioning to inform decision making
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills – particularly on PowerPoint, Excel – with the ability to create high quality and impactful deliverables
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you’ll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.