Website Derby City Council
Directorate: Peoples Services
Hours: Full time
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Alvaston Junior Primary Academy, Derby
Our Vision and Values
The Harmony Trust has the highest aspirations for its pupils, parents and staff members. We work hard to ensure that every child achieves. Our vision is to provide an excellent primary education that gives our children the very best chance of succeeding in life. Parents are very important to achieving this vision and we aim to work in partnership with them to ensure that all our children Believe Achieve Succeed. Our aim is to ensure that children at our academies enjoy the best education from the early years to the end of the primary stage. We believe that school should be a place where every child achieves and makes progress in their learning. We believe in the importance of children developing well-being and high self-esteem if they are to learn and do well.
We also believe in The Harmony Trust being an organisation where Learning Matters and where children become confident learners and staff are committed to learning and education. We have a great team of people working in our Academies. We aim to retain them by investing in professional development, offering opportunities to work across the Trust ensuring Harmony is a great place to work.
The Board of Trustees wish to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced leader as a Principal within our Trust. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who is an outstanding practitioner, who will become part of our leadership team. The successful candidate will share our vision and values and be committed to ensuring our staff, pupils and families meet their potential. The post holder will initially be deployed to Alvaston Junior Primary Academy with opportunities for further development and deployment in the future, for example leading a Trust wide strategic responsibility, or mentoring new to role Principals.
As a Trust we are fully committed to ensuring that every child has access to excellent educational provision and that all our academies are Great Places2Learn. The successful candidate will have the proven ability to lead, engage with and motivate staff teams to achieve the aims and ambitions of the trust. Candidates must have proven experience of successfully leading a school on an improvement journey.
They will have experience of delivering high standards of education through a cycle of evaluation and improvement. The candidate should have experience of providing effective senior leadership in schools and knowledge of evidence informed strategies and practice which will enable vulnerable pupils including those who may be disadvantaged, facing challenging circumstances or have additional needs to ensure they make good progress in their learning.
As per ‘The Harmony Trust Scheme of Delegation’ the successful candidate will work with the CEO and Director of Education to:
- create and maintain optimum conditions for learning so that all children in all academies experience a Great Place2Learn
- create and maintain optimum conditions for working so that all members of staff in all academies experience a Great Place2Work
- ensure that all pupils achieve their maximum potential including those who are identified as disadvantaged or as having additional educational needs by providing high quality provision
- implement, provide leadership and accountability at academy level on all areas of the strategic plan and ensure that academy level planning reflects Trust wide priorities including the Harnessing Technology Maximising Learning (HTML) strategy
- identify the professional development needs of all and utilise the support of the Harmony Trust Development Team demonstrating and modelling collaborative working
- lead by example, inspiring and motivating children and colleagues
- develop highly effective relationships with parents so they are partners in learning
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to be part of our team, working collaboratively with colleagues who are committed to educational excellence
- Friendly and supportive staff, parents and trustees,
- A commitment to high quality professional development,
- Opportunity for future career development & progression within the Trust’s portfolio of schools and most importantly
- The chance to transform the lives of children and really make a difference
- Excellent support from infrastructure centralised services e.g. HR, Finance, Compliance, Safeguarding
Should candidates wish to discuss this role further then they are strongly encouraged to contact Jessica Hainsworth, Director of Education, ([email protected]) to arrange a convenient time.
Visits to the academy are welcomed, please contact Kate Spencer- Lovesey on 01332 571321 to arrange.
The Harmony Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all our staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS and pre-employment checks.
The closing date for all applications is 5pm on 14 October.
Please return completed application forms (part A & B) via email to: [email protected]