Website Derby City Council
Application closing date
Scale G pt 21 – pt 25 (£26,975 – £30,095) FTE paid pro rata (£23,203 – £26,471)
Derby Diocesan Academy Trust DDAT
Hours: 37 hours, 39 week contract
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Hardwick Primary School
We need an enthusiastic and committed primary Higher Level Teaching Assistant who has the knowledge, skills and drive required to make a difference to the lives of children in our community.
This is a real opportunity to make your mark and contribute to the development of learning in our school.
Hardwick Primary offers an inspiring modern learning environment for children, nurtured by a friendly, enthusiastic and supportive school team who believe our pupils deserve the best and who consistently strive to make improvements to our outstanding school.
We are proud of our school, our pupils, our team and our achievements and have big plans for the future.
Have you the skills and confidence to meet the challenges of this large, ambitious, vibrant, inner-city multicultural school?
We are looking to appoint creative, experienced and enthusiastic HLTA’s who:
- is currently a NVQ 4 or willing to study to attain HLTA status within 12 months, with experience of supporting teaching and learning in a school setting:
- is experienced in supporting children and their families in overcoming barriers to their learning;
- is committed to raising standards of achievement and care for all children;
- has high expectations of behaviour and effective behaviour management strategies;
- has a good understanding of teaching English as an additional language;
- has the ability to reflect on and develop their own practice and that of others;
- is willing to play a key role in the development and delivery of our curriculum;
- is well organised and proactive team player who will make a positive contribution to our school team.
The successful candidates will enjoy:
- happy and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn;
- working with a friendly, dedicated and supportive staff team;
- outstanding facilities in our new (PFI) building;
- a commitment to your professional development.
For an application form and further details please visit website:
applications to be emailed to
applications to be emailed to
Closing Date: Sunday 30th October 2023 midnight. Interviews to be held week commencing Monday 7th November 2023.
Visits are warmly welcomed to view the school. Please telephone or email the School Office to book an appointment.
DDAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references, pre-employment and Disclosure Barring Service checks. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
DDAT welcomes a diverse population of both children and staff and is committed to promoting and developing equality of opportunity in all its functions.
Please only complete the DDAT application form and DDAT Reference/monitoring forms attached with this advert. Unfortunately, other application forms or CVs will not be accepted.