About the job
DPD is a member of DPDgroup, one of Europe’s leading parcel delivery networks, and aims to be the most sustainable delivery company in the UK, with a turnover of over £2 billion. We also deliver the best service, use the best technology and recruit and retain the best people in the industry.
Our Site Manager is currently recruiting for a dedicated and reliable Warehouse Goods on Hold Operative to help strengthen our depot operations team.
In this role you will work closely with the Operations Manager where you will be accountable for the held parcel process within the depot in order to achieve deadlines and targets. You will ensure maximum visibility of a parcel during its life cycle and make sure the parcel is presented for delivery on the required date. As well as this you will be resolving customer queries and dealing with depot collections.
Other key accountabilities will be;
- To ensure all ‘unable to locate’ parcels have the correct delivery information.
- If any parcels are damaged or open take them to goods on hold area for further investigation.
- To be accountable for requesting further information or returning to the customer.
- Completing the administration of mis-routes and mislabelled parcels.
- Working closely with the senior management team and security department to identify and prevent fraudulent consignments.
- Carry out housekeeping checks.
- Dealing with any customer parcel searches as requested.
What we’re looking for;
- You will have proven and demonstrable experience of working in a fast paced administrative role ideally gained within a warehouse environment or customer-facing role.
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy, self-motivation and organisation.
- You will have strong communication skills and will be confident interacting with customers over the phone and face to face
- Excellent administration skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office programmes
- Have outstanding attention to finer detail including security awareness.
- Demonstrate the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability.
You will have a comprehensive induction to DPD where we will go through the key processes that are required to make you a 1st class Goods On Hold Operative
Typical working hours will be Monday to Friday from 6.000am until 2.30pm however our depots are operational 7 days a week so occasional weekend work might be required.
Your package will include a competitive hourly rate As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.
DPD are passionate about creating an environment that is open, ethical, inclusive and socially responsible. There is a culture of recognition and reward within DPD to include; long-service awards, a special recognition programme for those individuals that go above and beyond, and the DPD Personality of the Year award.
If successful you can look forward to the exciting prospect of joining an increasingly successful and expanding business, that through its constant innovation, has revolutionised the express parcel industry and continues to define its outlook for the future.
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer