About the job
Join us on our journey as we aim to be the UK’s most sustainable delivery company, whilst ensuring our customers continue to receive a world class service.
You will be in a busy and fast paced business that can offer you great benefits and plenty of opportunities to progress your career
DPD are passionate about creating an environment that is open, ethical, inclusive and socially responsible.
When joining DPD you are not just starting a job, you are vital to our journey to be the most customer centric, inclusive, sustainable and leading parcel delivery provider within the UK who embraces and drives change, placing our people and our customers at the heart of what we do.
Along with job security, the tools to do the job and a competitive salary, you’ll receive fantastic benefits starting on day one, including never working on your birthday ever again!!!
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer
As a Customer Account Advisor (Indoor Account Manager) internally you will be based in our Stoke office (ST1 5SY).
Your primary responsibility will be to proactively manage an existing customer base of currently around 800 customers, each spending up to £700 per week with either DPD or DPD Local. You will build great working relationships with them to help retain their loyalty to our company and develop each account through sales and high level service.
Key responsibilities will include,
- To contact customers using various methods of communication and in line with a predefined contact matrix
- Developing account plans for each customer to support the Account Manager portfolio revenue/contribution targets
- Maintaining/updating information via SalesForce and other systems used
- Developing multi-functional and multi-level business relationships with customers organisations
- Identifying and developing any additional revenue opportunities within the portfolio and their associated companies.
- Maintain an up to date revenue opportunity pipeline
- Monitoring the profitability and profile of each customer to ensure the account is trading within acceptable levels
- Identifying and managing the resolution of customer problems to secure long term account retention
- Contacting customers to maintain planned levels of revenue / contribution improvement through timely rate renewals
- To complete Annual Price Increases for all accounts within your portfolio
- Working with the sales teams to accept accounts for handover in line with company policies and trading agreements
You will be passionate about delivering amazing service every day. Your career history will evidence demonstrable some experience within Account Management / Customer Relationship Management.
You will have a natural ability to engage with customers both over the phone and via email, delivering outstanding customer service to ensure our customers expectations are met.
You will possess excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to adapt and respond to change quickly. It would be advantageous if you had good mathematical skills to support the work around pricing and costing for customers.
We will also expect you to be
- A person capable of decisive and effective decision-making, in a time pressured environment
- Someone that really enjoys resolving problems and demonstrates high levels of resilience, self-motivation and flexibility.
- Have knowledge and experience in sales & upselling to existing customers
- Have attention to detail and good organisation skills
- IT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office/Google Suite applications and SalesForce would be advantageous
- Be able to liaise with customers using telephone and online meeting resources as well as email
- Demonstrate the core values of DPD DNA – Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability
Your package will include a competitive basic salary. In addition to this, once a probation period has been completed, there is a quarterly commission scheme.
About our benefits:
We recognise that our people are at the heart of our business, without them we wouldn’t be able to deliver our award-winning service to all our customers.
- Holiday trading
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Free life assurance of 4 x salary on joining the pension scheme
- Free onsite parking for all employees
- Health Kiosks visiting every location
- Discounted shopping from 100’s of retailers including up to 5% off your weekly supermarket shop
- Milestone Days off to celebrate with your family and friends
- Free eye tests and support with the cost of glasses
Joining DPD can lead to not just a stable job but also a career. DPD prides itself on recognising and developing talent alongside a desire to promote from within. As a continually growing and evolving organisation, we are proud to offer a great number of development and promotion opportunities.
If you identify with our aims and values and can deliver a best in class customer doorstep experience, then this is the job for you! Apply today.