About the job
- Provide professional leadership for the work psychology service to ensure standards are maintained in line with regulatory, departmental and civil service requirements.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with the UC Area Group director, Regional Work Service Directors and senior management across the group and districts to meet business needs and performance objectives.
- Ensure the effectiveness and continuity of work psychology services through the resourcing, management and application of professional services and standards across the region.
- Ensure continuous improvement by producing and maintaining service improvement plans to ensure that the Work Psychology service remains responsive to business need and strategically aligned.
- Implement operational policies to maximise the contribution of psychology and psychologists to the business as directed by the Chief Psychologist (and Head of Profession), and in consultation with operational Area and/or Group Senior Leadership teams.
- Contribute to the strategic focus and direction of travel of the DWP through psychological practice, research and development collaborative working with policy psychologists, thereby enabling the department to meet its objectives.
- Contribute to national workforce planning to select and recruit suitably qualified occupational psychologists to fill Work Psychologist vacancies to ensure the operational effectiveness of DWP work psychology services.
- Undertake appropriate activities to support their own and practitioner work psychologists to maintain their HCPC registration and remain CPD compliant.
Please see the candidate pack for the full job description. Other locations available to successful candidate.