Full-time and permanent.
£11.04 per hour
39 hours per week working mainly 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday but we expect flexibility in working hours including regular early shifts / nightshifts and weekend working.
You’ll fit right into Greggs as an Operational Trainer if:
- Extensive operational experience across different areas of the warehouse with minimal accidents or incidents
- Safety conscious
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Confident & assertive
- A self-starter with strong skills in planning, prioritising and organising their workload
- Excellent communication skills & a strong team player and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Candidate will also be required to use CIPHR Net / Q Pulse to access & maintain training records
- We envisage the core hours of the role will be 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday but we expect flexibility in working hours including regular early shifts / nightshifts and weekend working.
What you’ll do
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced operator to support all warehouse departments to deliver operational training on a full time basis.
- To support all departments across the warehouse to deliver and record the required operational training.
- Manage and maintain accurate training records and systems
- Supporting the site L&D Facilitator to monitor and ensure all warehouse colleagues have the appropriate operational training relevant to their role, highlighting any areas of non-compliance and providing assistance to rectify these within appropriate timescales
- Discussion with department managers to agree release of colleagues to conduct required operational training activities
- Delivering briefings to colleagues on Food Safety / BRC / SHE / EMS policy and procedures
- Supporting the site L&D Facilitator
What we can offer
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 4.2 weeks, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 6 weeks after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will receive free life assurance after 1 year’s continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one and a half years’ salary
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible.