We have a fantastic opportunity for a Safety, Health, and Environment Advisor (SHE Advisor) to join Greggs on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting into our SHE Advisor, you’ll cover the South region. You’ll be based at a Greggs shop or home, hybrid working means you’ll be able to work remotely, or on site, at your convenience.
Here at Greggs, we love what we do and we have fun! What makes Greggs so special is our culture – the way we are, the way we behave and the way we support each other.
We’re hard-working, but above all else we’re family; and it doesn’t matter who you are, where you’re from or what your favourite bake is, we’d love you to join us!
We want everyone to feel welcome at Greggs and our colleagues to be able to be themselves at work, whatever their background, preferences, or views.
We recognise the importance of having diverse teams and the positive impact this can have and we actively encourage applications from all backgrounds.
Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
42 hours per week, mainly dayshift, Monday to Friday but flexibility is required to work occasional weekends and on occasion overnight stays may be required
What you’ll do
Working closely with the Retail Regional SHE Manager to drive a compliance led culture
Working closely with, deputise and support other Retail SHE Advisor & SHE Administrator
Supporting the Retail Regional SHE Manager to ensure the successful implementation and monitoring of policies, procedures and processes
Supporting (and occasionally deputising for) the Retail Regional SHE Manager to maintain close working relationships with the central retail support functions (Audit; Purchasing; Shop Development; Property; etc)
Promote a customer (internal and external) focused, results lead approach using influential communications to build capability and manage change across all retail functions (is this a bit too high brow – I added it as I wanted something that clearly linked back to 360 feedback and PDRs)
Creating an atmosphere in which communication through all levels of management and non-management is encouraged
Compiling shop visit plans and monitoring implementation
Completing SHE audits and inspections in shops
Completing Fire risk assessments and fire safety documentation within the retail estate
- Experience of working in a daily fresh or manufacturing environment
- Numerate with an ability to work with MS office suite (excel, word etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to innovate around obstacles and problem solve
- Prepared to travel to cover multiple site locations
- Able to work flexible hours to suit the needs of the business
- Driving Licence
- NEBOSH General Certificate or other general safety qualifications/achievements (or a desire to work towards)
- Experience and understanding of H&S legislation and its implimentation
- Experience of environmental management procedures, (waste, water, energy etc)
- Experience of auditing
- Fire Safety qualifications (particularly in risk assessment)
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 4.2 weeks, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 6 weeks after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will receive free life assurance after 1 year’s continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one and a half years’ salary
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
- Company car provided
Other benefits include
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help we can made your application as quick and as smooth as possible.