Website Guardian Jobs
About the job
Air Ambulance Charity Kent Surrey Sussex
The Events Coordinator role is Hybrid – it’s based out of Rochester Airport but with homeworking, and some travel (for example to our Redhill base)
Reporting to the Head of Events, the Events Coordinator role will support the efficient operation of KSS’s fundraising events programme by providing research, administration and delivery support.
In this role, you will be supporting the Head of Events in both developing and delivering a growing portfolio of events that provide participants with memorable and engaging experiences whilst also delivering increased income to our Charity.
- Manage and coordinate the delivery of KSS events to deliver high standards every time
- Work with others by assisting with the planning, co-ordinating, marketing and delivering of our Events Calendar,
- Support the expansion of our Events Portfolio, and champion innovation including conducting research to support future event ideas.
- Undertake Post Event analysis to really understand what drives success.
- Play a pivotal role in supporting and nurturing event participants via a variety of mediums, ensuring they have the appropriate materials to support their fundraising endeavours.
- Maintain participant data in the Charity’s Database – ensuring accuracy of data input.
- Be a KSS Ambassador – representing #teamkss externally (out of hours / weekend working will be required – TOIL applies)
- Be aware of how KSS Events contribute to the Charity’s overall strategy, actively propose ideas to help KSS grow it’s income through events.
- In all activities, ensure that we adhere to Charity Commission guidelines, Chartered Institute of Fundraising best practice guidelines (as laid out in KSS internal documents).
- Manage Event & Fundraising Platforms (eg Just Giving, Enthuse, Give Panel etc).
- Work with Marketing & Communications colleagues in order to ensure consistency of our Brand Message in all activities.
The Individual (Essential Requirements – please refer to Role Profile for full Person Specification):
You will have experience of working within a supporter facing fundraising team and be able to demonstrate an understanding of what constitutes great supporter care. Experience in Events Fundraising, Third Part Events and / or a Community Fundraising role is required, in addition to having experience of working in a fast-paced team with multiple events / projects on the go at any one time.
Knowledge of the Charity Sector and Event Fundraising is a must have, and you will also have a solid understanding of budgets for income, expenditure and ROI on activities.
You will enjoy working collaboratively and in partnership with our stakeholders, and possess first rate interpersonal and communication skills. You will be a confident speaker, both on the phone and when making approaches.
You are highly organised with meticulous attention to detail, you are comfortable managing projects and your own workload effectively and efficiently. You are as comfortable working on your own and using your initiative as you are working as part of a larger team.
You must be confident using Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel, and possess and understanding of Health & Safety processes and regulations.
We are Air Ambulance Charity Kent Surrey Sussex (KSS), and we fight every day to save lives.
We are Team KSS, a close-knit team of dedicated, skilled, sector-leading experts with an incredible level of expertise. We are passionate about what we do which drives us to always deliver our very best.
We’re driven by our purpose of saving lives and ensuring the best possible outcomes for our patients. Last year alone we responded to over 3,000 incidents. We are fearless and tireless in fighting to save every life.
Our charity headquarters and forward operating base are located at Rochester Airport, with our aircraft hangared and maintained at Redhill Aerodrome. When the call comes, we can reach any part of Kent, Surrey or Sussex in under 30 minutes.
We will be shortlisting as and when we receive applications, and should we find the talent that we are looking for, we may close the role to applications earlier than the closing date detailed.
Contract type Permanent
Hours 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday
Salary £23,000 to £26,000 per annum, dependent on experience
33 days annual leave rising with service Occupational/Enhanced Sick Pay Enhanced Parental Leave Access to the Blue Light Card and Blue Light Events Access to the Wellbeing Hub Money Purchase Pension Scheme Group Life Assurance Cover Group Income Protection Cover Critical Illness Cover Employee Assistance Programmes Hybrid working Development opportunities
Closing date for applications 10th November, 2023
Ref: 137 154