Website Guardian Jobs
About the job
CANCER RESEARCH UK
Face To Face Fundraisers (no Experience Required)
Salary: £24,000 – £26,000 per annum + benefits (including paid travel when working out of London)
Reports to: Face to Face Manager, In-House Team
Department: Marketing, Fundraising & Engagement
Location: Field-based. Will be working in shopping centres, train stations and other locations throughout London and surrounding areas (ideally, candidates should be based within London or the surrounding area)
Contract length: Permanent
Positions available: 2
Hours: 35 per week
Closing date: Sunday 23 October 2023, 23:55
At Cancer Research UK, we exist to beat cancer.
We are professionals with purpose, beating cancer every day. But we need to go much further and much faster. That’s why we we’re looking for someone talented, someone who shares our vision, someone like you.
We are committed to 3 in 4 survival by 2034 and if you are a self-motivated, passionate individual who enjoys using words to persuade and inspire, we need your help. Join us as a field-based Face to Face Fundraiser and you will be inspiring the public to become regular financial supporters of Cancer Research UK.
What will I be doing?
- Engaging with the public at stands in shopping centres and inspiring them to make regular donations via Direct Debit
- Working as part of a team of fundraising experts
- Sharing engaging and inspiring stories regarding CRUK’s progress and goals
- Being responsible for setting up your stand and working environment in private site venues
- Representing CRUK with the highest level of professionalism, treating the public fairly and with respect.
What skills are you looking for?
- Excellent communication skills and customer experience with confidence in speaking to the public
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly and influence others
- An ability to work under pressure
- Experience of delivering and achieving targets in a customer-related environment or similar
- Strong resilience to handle negative objections.
What will I gain?
Each and every one of our employees contributes to our progress and is supporting our work to beat cancer. We think that’s impressive.
In return, we make sure you are supported by a generous benefits package, a wide range of career and personal development opportunities and high-quality tools, policies and processes to enable you to do your job well.
Our benefits package includes a substantial retirement plan, a generous and flexible leave allowance, discounts on anything from travel to technology, gym membership, and much more.
We review pay annually and aim to recognise individual performance and achievements.
We don’t forget people have lives outside of work too and so we actively encourage a flexible working culture.
Our work – from funding cutting-edge research to developing public policy – will change the world. It’s exciting to be part of our team.
How do I apply?
We operate an anonymised shortlisting process in our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion. CVs are required for all applications; but we won’t be able to view them until we invite you for an interview. Instead, we ask you to complete the work history section of the online application form for us to be able to assess you quickly, fairly and objectively.
For more information on this career opportunity please visit our website or contact us at .
For more updates on our work and careers, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.