Website Guardian Jobs
About the job
FRANCIS HOLLAND SCHOOLS TRUST
We are seeking a Facilities Officer who will be responsible for assisting the Facilities Manager and the Assistant Facilities Manager in providing an outstanding facilities service, ensuring the buildings are compliant with Health and Safety legislation at all times and providing a safe and secure place for pupils and staff to study and work.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday 06.30 – 14.30pm (half hour paid lunch break) or Monday to Friday 14.30 to 22.30 (half hour paid break
Out of term time:
Monday to Friday 07.00 to 15.00 and 10.30 – 18.30 (half hour paid break)
Duties and responsibilities:
- To assist the Facilities Manager and Assistant Facilities Manager with the efficient and effective management of the premises and, both the day-to-day reactive, and planned preventative maintenance. This includes, but is not restricted to mechanical, plumbing, building fabric repairs, cleaning, decorating, parcel deliveries and room set-ups
- To be the point of contact on site in the absence of the Facilities Manager and the Assistant Facilities Manager
- To maintain full and accurate records of all maintenance activities
- To present themselves, and represent the Facilities Team and the School in a professional manner at all times, ensuring the issued facilities uniform and PPE is clean and worn in an appropriate manner
- To ensure the maintenance of all school buildings, grounds and utilities and reporting and recording repairs and defects
- To ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and codes of practice
- To ensure safe systems of work are implemented and followed e.g. permit to work.
- To supervise contractors in the absence of the Facilities Manager and Assistant Facilities Manager
- To ensure the buildings and grounds are kept clean, tidy and secure
- To open and close the buildings as necessary, ensuring the intruder alarm systems are operational and set correctly
- To assist with the organisation and delivery of lettings and school functions
- To participate in an out of hours call out rota during hours when the school in not occupied
- To attend training as required in order to maintain knowledge and understanding and develop skillsets.
- To assist with any other appropriate duties as required by the Facilities Manager
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All roles within the Trust are subject to child protection screening.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English as a first language in both written and verbal form; Have basic PC skills e.g., word, email etc.;
- Be able to move equipment and furniture safely;
- Demonstrate an understanding of health and safety;
- Demonstrate an understanding of customer service in Facilities, acting swiftly to any issues highlighted and with an ability to offer suitable solutions;
- Be able to demonstrate and provide evidence of working in a similar environment delivering maintenance across a wide skill set i.e., carpentry, joinery, plumbing and an understanding of mechanical and electrical services and able to demonstrate competency through formal training in a building related trade;
- Flexibility including willingness to work additional hours as and when required during evenings and at weekends;
- Be willing to participate in additional training and staff development.
Please send your CV and cover letter by email via the button below (shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a full application form).
Francis Holland Schools reserves the right to close this vacancy sooner than the published date.