Website Guardian Jobs
About the job
We’re seeking a talented Physical Education Teacher (PE teacher) who is seeking their next promotion to take on an exciting project that closely involves the heart of our community engagement. The new PE teacher is required by a leading sports department to support the development of PE curriculum and bring key projects to our wider community. The position is due to start in January 2023 however an earlier start can be accommodated.
We have an exciting opportunity for a newly appointed teacher to work at a highly impressive school with a strong academic results and great sports teams. We wish to find a teacher spirited to take on the challenge who will continue to inspire our pupils.
Our teacher will be adept in a wide variety of sports to teach Physical Education across for KS3, KS4 and possibly KS5 – however this is not essential. We are a school embedded in the local community and have the full support of parents to make a significant impact on our students physical health and academic aspirations of our pupils.
The successful candidate will incorporate their subject knowledge into exciting and inspiring lessons to challenge pupils progression and achievement. All our teachers will be working in a supportive and helpful environment where there is a strong sense of community and inclusion.
In particular, candidates should:
- Hold a formal secondary teaching qualification, either a Secondary PGCE or equivalent and hold QTS
- Show the ability to be a/or become an excellent Sports and Classroom practitioner
- Have high expectations of students in terms of learning, achievement and behaviour
- Have enthusiasm for developing innovative and creative approaches to learning, teaching and student participation
- Have a sound subject knowledge which they can utilise to challenge all pupils