Website Guardian Jobs
About the job
We are working with a lovely Primary school based in Surrey who are looking to appoint a Year 5 class teacher to start ASAP. As a teacher you will be teaching a lovely class and receive excellent support from the SLT as well as working friendly and helpful staff.
Job Title: Class Teacher – Year 5 – Immediate start
Job Purpose: To be an effective teacher who supports and challenges all pupils to achieve their full potential.
- To maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of the teaching of your subjects and take account of wider curriculum developments relevant to your work
- To plan lessons and activities to meet pupils individual learning needs
- To use a range of appropriate strategies and follow school policies for teaching, behaviour management and classroom management
- To act as a form teacher, exercising pastoral care and to do all that you can to ensure that you safeguard and promote the welfare of pupils in the school
- To assess, monitor and record the progress of pupils in your teaching and give them clear and constructive feedback through keeping appropriate and efficient records
- To report to parents and colleagues on progress and curriculum
- To take responsibility for your own professional development and use the outcomes to improve your teaching and your pupil’s learning
- To make an active contribution to the policies of the school and to adhere to these
- To attend and contribute to team planning meetings, full staff meetings and teaching and learning team meetings
- To maintain the resources relevant to your subjects
If this sounds like a perfect role for you, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV by email via the button below.