Website Guardian Jobs
About the job
Are you a qualified teacher who needs flexibility in your working pattern?
This role is for an experienced Key Stage 1/2 teacher in Worthing, which is seeking an enthusiastic primary school teacher to provide cover for years 1-6 on an ad-hoc basis.
This offers a great chance to get you’re a foot in the door to future long term or permanent roles.
Whilst the work in this school is ad-hoc, there are opportunities with Academics to pick up additional work in other local schools.
This opportunity are open to ECTs and experienced teachers and are a fabulous way of seeing different schools, gaining invaluable experience and earning some money on a flexible basis.
In this role you can benefit from:
- An excellent rate of pay
- Inspiring and influencing our next generation
- Great career development opportunities
- Term-time contract
- On-going career support from your dedicated consultant
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of pre-planned lessons
- Adaptability to ensure students are challenged depending of their varying needs
- Working effectively with a teaching assistant where appropriate
- Being able to think on your feet in the event that work has not been set or it’s not appropriate
- Marking and providing clear and concise feedback on completed work in a timely fashion
- Effective management of classroom behaviour and keeping a positive learning atmosphere
Key requirements for the position include:
- DBS – In date, with no reprimands which prohibit working with children
- Relevant qualifications – a degree along with relevant teaching qualifications (ie PGCE) * QTS is desirable – NQT applications are warmly welcomed
- Experience of teaching in a primary setting is essential
- Strong commitment and a positive attitude to the role and objectives
If you think that this could be the role for you then avoid disappointment, apply today to: [email protected]
We are due to interview for this role shortly, so don’t delay, apply today!