Website Guardian Jobs
About the job
An incredible school for children aged 6-11 with social, emotional and mental health challenges are welcoming caring and compassionate individuals to apply for their position of Teaching Assistant.
It is such a stunning building on lovely grounds, almost like Hogwarts! The facilities there are excellent to allow the children to let off some steam and play. They also have a therapy dog and chickens on-site.
Key benefits of the role:
- Excellent for career progression into care, psychology or teaching
- Lots of training available in behaviour management, communication strategies and emergency aid
- Term-time only which means lots of holiday!
- Permanent employment opportunities available
What can you expect to do on a daily basis?
- Work alongside teachers, therapists and other support staff
- Ensure that equipment and facilities are safe for the children to use
- Preparation of activities and tidying away after
- Developing an understanding with a child to maintain an optimal learning environment
- Report any safeguarding concerns promptly and accurately
What is required of you?
- A genuine desire to work with children with special education needs
- A caring, compassionate and resilient nature
- A ‘can-do’ attitude but also being pro-active rather than always waiting for direction
- You will require a DBS check (which we can support you with)
- You must not be barred from working with children
- You will have grades A*-C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent)
Please get in touch with Dale Wyatt on 01483 366 433 or [email protected] for further information.