Website Guardian Jobs
About the job
ACHIEVING FOR CHILDREN
We have an exciting opportunity within the expanding Independent Fostering Agency located in Kingston. As a Social Worker, your role will be to work with colleagues to provide the full range of fostering services, including recruitment, assessment, training and supervision / support, duty services, as well as form C assessments and special guardianship assessment.
We are currently recruiting for 1 full time post to join Achieving for Children as a Supervising Social Worker.
We are looking for a excellent Social Worker who will have already completed their ASYE.
You will undertake a range of work to safely place children and work to achieve permanency plans for children. The fostering services continues to expand and there is a possibility that this role may become permanent in the future.
Caseload of approved foster carers, monitoring, supporting and reviewing their ongoing approval and meeting national minimum standards. Allocation of fostering assessments such as form c and form f.
Achieving for Children work within the framework of signs of safety and we place a strong emphasis on signs of success, as well as peer group supervision sessions. There will be opportunities to be involved in the development of foster carer training and support groups. We currently have significant growth in the fostering service and this expansion is part reason for the current availability of roles, with the potential opportunity of extension should we continue on this path of growth.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Hold a professional qualification (DipSW/CQSW/CSS or equivalent)
- Active Social Work England registration and proven evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience in completing thorough assessments, ideally Form F assessments
- Preferably experience in working within the signs of safety framework and peer supervision practice.
- Good understanding of the challenges faced by foster carers, and the complexities of fostering assessments including private fostering.
- Experience in presenting to fostering panels, and completing annual review reports