Website HM Revenue & Customs
About the job
Apply before 11:55 pm on Monday 17th October 2023
Location: Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Telford
Salary: £41,798 – £44,932 + Hybrid Working, 27% Average Pension Contribution
We will be running an Anonymised Q&A Livestream Event on 10/10/2023 at 3pm to provide an overview of the job role and provide applicants with the opportunity to ask any questions about the role or the recruitment process. Please email [email protected] if you wish to join this session.
Do you enjoy working in a busy, fast paced environment? Are you naturally curious and analytical? Can you build strong working relationships with a diverse range of people at all levels? If this sounds like you then you could be the person, we are looking for to join our team.
This role sits within the Transformation Group’s Portfolio Management Function and specifically in the Change Lifecycle Management Team. The change lifecycle management team ensures programmes are being delivered in-line with quality standards and supports the resolution of issues before they risk impacting the delivery of the portfolio.
The change load analyst will maintain HMRC’s aggregate view of change, ensuring an accurate view of when and where change is landing to assure business absorbability and readiness.
An exciting new role is available in the Change Lifecycle Management team for a motivated and self-starting individual. Joining this newly formed team now will give you the opportunity to be at the heart of raising the teams profile and influencing how the team operates both internally and externally to ultimately deliver a best-in-class portfolio function.
We are looking for an individual who has experience of working in the project delivery profession and is comfortable using software (such as Excel and PowerBi) to analyse data to make decisions and draw conclusions. A key part of this role will be supporting programmes in using and applying HMRC’s change management standards, however, change management experience or qualifications are not necessary as we’ll be providing full training.
The Change Load Analyst needs to be naturally inquisitive and analytical, be proactive in taking the lead and owning issues through to resolution and be able to successfully communicate complex issues to different audiences. The successful individual can look forward to joining a supportive and inclusive team where they will be provided with the training and experience needed to succeed.
The Change Load Analyst will work closely with colleagues in the Change Lifecycle Management team to:
- Maintain and assure an accurate aggregate view of change to enable the portfolio and each business area to understand planned change loads
- Liaise with colleagues and other key stakeholders to identify and manage risks around business readiness and the ability for business areas to absorb planned change
- Proactively use portfolio data and insight from colleagues across the team to allow risks, issues, dependencies, and non-adherence to standards to be identified, managed and resolved
- Lead the monthly reporting of absorbability and readiness across the portfolio
- Support the assurance of programme’s change management strategies and plans as part of portfolio keyholder reviews
- Manage ad-hoc requests for information and briefings around absorbability., change impacts and readiness for change
- Maintain and update HMRC Change Management Framework guidance, products and tools as required
- Experience of working in a project delivery profession role
- Able to use and analyse data to inform action and decisions
- Establish and develop professional working relationships with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Be able to communicate complex information and tailor messages to suit different audiences
- Understand and consider different views, opinions and perspectives when making decisions or recommendations
- Flexible working arrangements
- Hybrid working
- Generous 27% pensions (as of today)
- Learning and development tailored to your role