Website Home Bargains
Buying is at the heart of our strategy of delivering Top Brands at Bottom Prices for our customers.
As a buyer for Stationery, you will have responsibility for growing sales in categories where we have identified strong opportunities for growth.
We are looking for an experienced buyer who will make the most of this exciting opportunity to drive the focus on Stationery throughout our network of 530 Home Bargains stores.
- Define product categories and range
- Select, source and buy products
- Place orders to deliver strong in store availability
- Develop pricing and promotion plans
- Analyse data and spot opportunities for growth
- Liaise with suppliers
- Manage sample approvals and library
- Monitor the market and external trends
- Gather feedback from stores and field teams regarding product lines, availability and layout
Minimum Criteria To Apply
- Experienced buyer, ideally within stationary
- Strong commercial and market awareness
- Works well under pressure and to tight and often conflicting timeframes
- Excellent attention to detail; able to analyse data and spot trends
- A confident communicator and relationship builder
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills and a real ‘can do’ attitude
About The Company
TJ Morris Limited trading as Home Bargains is a privately owned family run discount retailer selling top brands at the lowest possible price on the UK high street.
Having started more than 40 years ago in Liverpool our customers continue to be at the heart of everything we do and throughout our 550 stores we have over 4.5 million customers each week.
With plans to increase our store portfolio to 1,000 stores throughout the UK we are a fast-paced retailer opening 50 stores a year (nearly one every weekend) – and we wouldn’t have it any other way!
- Competitive salary – DOE
- Based in Liverpool, with the occasional requirement to visit stores, trade fairs and suppliers
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years’ service
- Contributable Company pension scheme
- Onsite subsidised Health and Fitness Centre
- Onsite canteen
- 10% store discount
- Access to social and sporting events