About the job
First Direct Customer Service Advisor
Starting Salary: £22,000
Hours: 35 hours per week over 5 or 4 days
Flexibility required to work different shifts, including weekends and late nights
Are you looking to join an award-winning customer service team?
First Direct is a modern fast-paced customer service environment showcased by our passionate and dedicated advisors, who keep our customers at the heart of everything they do.
On a day-to-day basis you will be speaking to upwards of 60 customers a day, thriving in a busy environment. Previous experience is not necessary as our comprehensive training programme and on the job, support will give you everything you need to succeed within the role.
Within this role you will.
- Provide exceptional telephone customer service in a timely manner whilst working in a fast-paced busy contact centre
- Use your problem-solving skills to support our customers with their banking needs
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Play a supporting role in educating our customers around products and alternative digital banking platforms
We can offer you excellent benefits and perks including:
- Hybrid working with flexible 4 or 5 day working weeks
- 231 hours holiday per annum, based on a 35-hour week
- Opportunity to take up to 2 paid community days each year
- Subsidised on site nursery
- Market leading healthcare for you and your family
- Competitive maternity, paternity, shared parental, and adoption leave policies
- Free parking
- On site gym, personal trainer and regular health and wellbeing events
- Comprehensive training programme backed up by full on the job support for 2 weeks
- Development programmes and career progression
We have a variety of different working patterns to fit around you and your life. Shifts can vary but there will be a possibility of weekend working and late finishes. Our operation runs 24 hours, 365 days a year. Start times within this role can be as early as 6am with finish times up to 1am. Maximum shift length is 9 hours, with a minimum 11-hour gap between shifts.
Once you have applied, we will send you specific shift patterns to choose from which we will confirm with you at interview.
Training will be a mix of office and home based, this will give you the opportunity to meet other new starters and be fully supported from day one to taking your first customer call.
All our job vacancies are posted on the HSBC Group careers site
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC, you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business, and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the workplace you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 2078328500