About the job
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
Finance on the Cloud is a multi year programme, which will rationalise operational processes, automate data and report production, to deliver comprehensive data to our internal and external stakeholders for analysis and reporting.
The programme, which started in 2020, involves the migration of core Finance data and processes to the cloud.
Due to the nature of the programme the cloud based solutions being delivered need to be highly scalable, reliable, resilient and innovative, involving the highest standards of technical engineering combined with a quick time to market. FCDP is a platform that is used in order to source data from a variety of on-premise and Cloud based platforms and conform to a standard output that can then be consumed by multiple downstream consumers.
- Developer is responsible for performing system development work, which can include both the development of new function and the on-going systems support of live systems. There are a number of job functions within the role and the job holder may specialize in a single function or alternatively a combination of functions.
- Investigate live systems faults, diagnose problems and propose and provide solutions
- Report progress as required and advise of problems in good time
- Convert requirements into sustainable technical solution through coding best practices.
- Write, analyse, review, and rewrite programs to departmental and Group standards
- Update programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements
- Review code from team members Analyst/Developers as part of the quality assurance process
- Produce unit test plans with detailed expected results to fully exercise the code.
- Bachelor Degree or International Equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; presentation skills preferred
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Previous experience in a production support role
- Strong technical knowledge and experience on NiFi, Kafka, SFTP, CD, Shell Scripting, Java/Python, CI/CD technologies.
- Knowledge on scheduling tools such as Control M will be added value.
- Experience of data migration/data transformation/ data integration will be added value.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience and experience in Financial domain (Banking) will be added value.
- Self-motivated, focused, detailed oriented and able to work efficiently to deadlines are essential
- Willing to learn and focus on automation and performance enhancements.
- Ability to work with a degree of autonomy while also being able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Experience in designing, developing and implementing and supporting Business Intelligence tools.
The role will be based in Sheffield but some travel may be required. This role supports Hybrid working
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.