About the job
- EM Credit Trading require a Global Sovereign Analyst to assist with the Global Emerging Markets Credit franchise.
- The hire will be responsibility for analysing, monitoring and identifying opportunities across emerging market sovereign credit globally, and assisting trading, sales, and HSBC clients with their daily tasks.
- Require knowledge of basic risk metrics and risk management techniques, in order to help trading identify risks and opportunities in the global credit books.
- They will also require strong communication skills in order to convey thoughts, trade ideas and current events to stakeholders both internal and external to the business.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit with drive and motivation in order to push the analytical side of the business forward, and progress the business to the next level for HSBC and for HSBC’s clients. The role will be hired in London and service all 3 regions Monitor and analyse news flows real time whilst understanding the risk on the desk
- Trading Strategists can work on “event” situations in real time to increase flow
- Detailed knowledge of all aspects of business’ trading area
- Understanding of financial statements and various debt documents (including indentures/Credit Agreements?
- Bachelor’s or equivalent University degree, or equivalent work-related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with very strong analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and to work well under pressure, strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Able to understand complex and diverse instruments.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a health work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions.
HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.