Website JD Sports
Established in 1981 with a single store in the North West of England, JD Sports Fashion Plc is a leading Multi-Channel retailer of sports fashion and outdoor brands in the UK and Europe.
The Group has over 2400 stores across a number of retail fascias and is proud of the fact that it always provides its customers with the latest products from the very best brands.
Providing support to the Store Manager, you will be a vital link between the Management and the Sales staff. You will take responsibility for a number of processes within the store, taking ownership of specific areas of the shop floor, closely monitoring and driving sales. Most importantly, you will suggest ideas for improvement and continue to improve the store.
- Ensure that excellent levels of customer service are provided.
- Deal with Customer complaints and enquires, providing the best possible outcome.
- Monitor the personal appearance of sales staff, making sure that this is in line with company guidelines.
- Understand the importance of the Customer Service measuring programme and how to analyse reports
- Ensure that targets are achieved, where possible exceeded.
- Monitor the service of the sales staff on a daily basis.
- Manage the in-store devices, making sure that they are offering the customer the whole product range.
- Use reports to assist you in product placement and key selling lines.
- Have an understanding of Footfall, ATV and Conversion and how to apply this to a store environment.
- Attract, engage and motivate customers into making purchases in store by using the latest visual techniques.
- Ensure that the store is maintained to the highest possible standard.
- Keep stock, clean and presentable at all times.
Training & Development
- Encourage personal progression throughout your store.
- Assist in maintaining the team’s progression by ensuring personnel completes the relevant training E-Assessments.
- Provide assistance with the induction and training of new starters.
- Retail Management experience would be advantageous.
- Excellent Time Management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- IT skills- Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- UK/International Career Progression.
- Competitive salary.
- Company discount.
- Company pension.
Please note due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond personally to all applicants.
If you haven’t been contacted directly within two weeks of the vacancy closing date your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Please add your details to our talent bank and we will keep you up to date on all our new vacancies.