Website Surrey County Council
This role is open to remote working meaning you aren’t required in the office 5 days a week. We’re less about you driving to work and more about us collectively driving down our carbon footprint. We care about how you work rather than where you work; the people rather than the postcode. In support of our people and our greener futures strategies, we’d welcome a conversation with the successful candidate on what remote working may look like for you.
- An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
- For an informal discussion please contact Charlotte Marsh via email at [email protected] or Debbie Narborough at [email protected]
- The job advert closes at 23 59 on 7th August 2023 with interviews to follow .
- We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
- You will use your experience of collaboration to work with all members of the Children’s, Schools and Families Directorate, Service Managers, schools (including those in other authorities and the independent and non-maintained sector), external agencies and other teams within the council to ensure the special educational needs of children with Statements are met and that the transfer of statements to Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) is undertaken in a timely and appropriate way.
- You will hold a caseload; working with children, young people, parents and carers, educational providers and partner agencies so that the statutory duties and responsibilities as set out in DFE guidance and Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) 2014 legislation are implemented and completed accordingly.
- You will bring a strong customer focus to the team and ensure that parents, carers, children and young people are made fully aware of their rights to contribute to the SEND processes and that they are advised of any subsequent appeal or dispute resolution process available to them in a timely manner.
Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent advocacy, time management and organisation skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to develop effective and positive collaborative working relationships with a range of colleagues and members of the public
- Effective use of ICT including EMS and data management
- Detailed knowledge of special educational needs legislative framework and government policy and initiatives
- Highly developed presentation skills, particularly in relation to report and letter writing with ability to summarise complex information
- Proven track record of managing a range of responsibilities and co-ordinating service delivery in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience of SEN casework and statutory processes
Company: Surrey County Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Surrey, England
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here