Website JPMorgan Chase
About the job
There are multiple streams of work within the Operations Change Transaction Reporting Portfolio which include changes across each LOB to be compliant with various regulations such as MIFID II, EMIR, CFTC, SFTR amongst others. This role will also involve partnering with our Operations & Technology teams to define and build out solutions for the post implementation gaps including coordination of SIAIs, tail risk co-ordination and delivery.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include participating in and/or ownership of the following functions:
- Problem analysis and definition
- Co-coordinating activities across the project team
- Identifying and managing project risks and issues
- Managing small to medium sized projects
- Developing project schedules and milestones
- Maintain and publish project documentation
- Managing project implementation and reporting on progress against plan and budget utilization
- Identifying and managing project risks and issues
- Running working groups as required
- Conducting post-implementation reviews in order to draw out lessons learnt and ensure benefit realization
- Assisting with the implementation of large market mandatory and regulatory projects
- Managing acceptance testing in line with testing strategy where applicable
- Conducting post-implementation reviews in order to draw out lessons learnt and ensure benefit realization.
- Participating in the continuous improvement of processes and quality standards.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to build an extensive network across operations, requiring interaction with front office, support operations and technology.
- Serving as a primary contact to senior department managers for critical change initiatives
- Communicating, influencing, and negotiating to obtain or leverage necessary resources
- Creating a clear, coherent approach to guide effective program/initiative setup, execution, and control
- Ensuring clearly defined responsibilities and accountabilities for key program/project roles
- Integrating knowledge of end-to-end business process into program planning and decision making
- Developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Participate in strategic and horizontal activities as directed by management
- Encouraging the identification, escalation and timely mitigation of work stream and program risks
- Performing reviews of work streams and supporting technology activities
The extent of the Change & Transformation team involvement in projects depends on the ownership, nature, scale and complexity of each. For some projects the team manages the initiative from inception through to implementation of the solution. For others, the team is accountable for just part of the project life cycle, such as production of a business case and requirements or co-ordination of user acceptance testing. In delivering a project, the team works closely with the Global Markets Operations functions, as well as other stakeholders including the Front Office, Technology, Finance, Tax and Treasury.
- Significant experience working in project / change management
- Previous global markets / regulatory projects background advantageous
- Business partnering skills with individuals across the organisation
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Previous team management experience with small to mid-size teams
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Management of strict deadlines
- Experience with DAIC and Agile methodologies
Other Qualifications: As a Project Manager your qualifications will ideally include:
- Educated to degree level
- Project management experience in Financial Services, especially Investment Banking
- Knowledge of structured project management methods such as PRINCE2 or Microsoft Solutions Framework.
- Knowledge of structured business analysis (e.g. 6 Sigma) techniques.
- Product Knowledge: global markets products
- Knowledge of sales/trading and post trade processing
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.