Website JPMorgan Chase
About the job
As a Transaction Processing Team Leader in Market Operations, you’ll be responsible for managing daily regulatory reporting tasks and remediation activities while leading process improvement.
- Perform deal reviews within the Service Level Agreement which involves reviewing term sheet versus risk management systems and legal confirmation versus risk management systems
- Ensure accurate reviews and timely escalation of unissued/unexecuted documents
- Drive efficiency in the current process and identify incorrect booking practices and educate Middle Office on the impact
- Build and sustain strong working relationships with internal Lines of Business including Middle Office, Front Office, and internal Counterparts
- Ensure all issues are investigated and resolved in a timely manner as per Business Standards
- Prepare weekly MIS and monthly control packs for Senior Management
- Analyze MI and report trends and spikes
- Participate in various testing related to system enhancement, project implementation, and new business initiatives
- Identify control gaps and suggest improvement ideas for better efficiency and effectiveness
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Must exhibit strong partnership abilities
- ISDA knowledge, Equity Derivatives product knowledge and Equity Derivatives experience is preferred
- Must be able to handle a high level of complexity in product coverage, shift gears with relative ease, be flexible enough in shifting workload in accordance with changing priorities, and be comfortable dealing with a stressful and fast-paced Trading environment
- Strong communication skills
- Needs to be highly numerate with excellent keyboard skills and a high-level of computer literacy
- Needs to be aware and have an understanding of the large financial risks that can be incurred through operational errors and control risks
- Bachelor’s degree
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.