Website JPMorgan Chase
About the job
The Office of Legal Obligation (OLO) program is a firm-wide, global initiative that brings together the expertise of Legal, Lines of Business (LoBs), Control Management, Compliance, Risk and other key control functions, to (i) document JPMC’s Obligations arising from material laws, rules and regulatory requirements and (ii) connect the Obligations to policies and procedures that support compliance with those laws, rules, and regulations. As the program is nearing completion, the business as usual operating model is being developed and this role is a key part of the operating model within EMEA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of sustainable operating models, whilst managing risk and maintaining effective communication and transparency with stakeholders. Partnership, collaboration and leadership skills are important along with the ability to Influence and negotiate in a matrix environment.
The CIB OLO LRCM team embraces a culture of collaboration, improvement and learning. We encourage professional growth and support participation in Business Resource Groups.
- Day to day oversight of the CIB OLO framework in accordance with OLO standards.
- Management of a team and ownership of their key responsibilities.
- Mediate and support discussions to resolve exceptions and close out process gaps.
- Participate in program WG, and ensure new initiatives are communicated to stakeholders and implemented effectively.
- Development and delivery of metrics and reporting.
- Drive process and control improvements.
- Participate in Governance meetings.
- Engaging with Stakeholders across CIB functions and other Corporate Functions such as Legal, Compliance and Risk.
- Support team with SLA oversight across CIB functions.
- Assist development and implementation of escalation model.
- Implementation of scope expansion.
- Maintaining the op model.
- Ad hoc data analysis and identification of potential risks.
- Experience in an investment banking Regulatory, Compliance or Operational team is desirable.
- Flexible attitude in dealing with multiple tasks in a change driven environment.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Build strong partnership with Stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to demonstrate working in a control focused environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Escalate appropriately.
- Attested track record of working to deadlines.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.