Website JPMorgan Chase
About the job
Finance Control Management (FCM) is responsible for maintaining a strong and consistent control environment across Firmwide Finance, promoting early operational risk identification and assessment, effective design and evaluation of controls and sustainable solutions to mitigate operational risk.
- Risk identification and assessment including ongoing monitoring of operational risk and the control environment
- Control design and evaluation
- Issue management
- Governance and reporting including managing control committees and forums
This Control Manager role will support the Valuation Control Group (VCG) in Corporate Finance. VCG is a Global team of 200+ employees responsible for independent price verification and the determination of any Pricing Testing and Valuation Adjustments required to ensure that fair value estimates for the assets and liabilities that are recorded on the balance sheet at fair value are appropriate.
In this role, the Control Manager will be responsible for ongoing monitoring and evaluation of controls that support the integrity of VCG’s fair value estimates and adjustments.
Responsibilities Of The Role Include
- Partnering with the business to evaluate levels of risks and control effectiveness in support of the Firm’s operational risk and external reporting control frameworks (i.e. CORE, SOX and CCAP)
- Designing appropriate triggers and metrics to support risk identification, control evaluation and operational risk reporting to management
- Coordinating risk-based process reviews and pre/post audit reviews
- Defining and driving ad hoc control agenda initiatives
- Coordinating and partnering with Internal Audit and Operational Risk during audits/reviews
- Participating in monthly and quarterly control forums with business partners
Managing control issues and overseeing associated remediation plans
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.