Website JPMorgan Chase
About the job
Our Planning and Analysis team is primarily responsible for
- Budgeting / forecasting & reporting of business financials
- Providing key metrics to measure business performance
- Assisting business heads in strategic discussion and reviews
- Driving productivity initiatives (expense reduction, resource management)
- Benchmarking business performance versus competitors across regions, industries, products
- Present key business performance updates to senior business heads in the review sessions for Investment Banking and Global Corporate Banking
- Proactively engage with EMEA GCB Bankers and Business Management to drive business & strategic initiatives , whilst identifying opportunities to better satisfy the reporting needs of the business
- Partner with the country and regional business managers to drive the expense management agenda, including T&E, Technology spend, headcount spend and recommend target to the business to control costs.
- Lead the annual planning process across revenues, expenses, headcount and balance sheet for EMEA IB & GCB business
- Lead a cross regional team of 2 people and develop a deep knowledge within the team on different aspects of the business including economic drivers, product structures, pricing & financial reporting.
- Benchmark business performance against our peers
- Create new reporting solutions to satisfy evolving transformation needs of the Senior Business heads and LOBs CFOs
- Ability to lead and develop a strong team
- A strategic thinker with profound commercial acumen
- Excellent oral and written communication and relationship management skills
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities and to meet deadlines under pressure
- Self-starter who is driven to excel in all aspects of their role and seeks to break the status-quo and initiate improvements where necessary
- Deep understanding of products and financial concepts in immediate business area
- Experience in partnering with multiple senior stakeholders
- Managing & mentoring a team
- Degree qualification (preferred)
- Previous experience in a finance / planning role in banking or financial services (preferred)
- Experience in analytical reviews and presentation of business performance
- Expertise in all Microsoft Office applications – Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.