Website JPMorgan Chase
About the job
As a Scrum Master / Enterprise Agility Lead, you’ll act as a servant leader for your team(s) by facilitating clear communication to management and to the team. Our Scrum Masters are open, approachable, collaborative, and enjoy working with passionate people. They’re proactive in solving problems to help their team(s) succeed. The Scrum Master drives Agile frameworks that result in quality product delivery and continuous improvement. They embrace agility as a practice. The Scrum Master is responsible for removing impediments that hinder the team from reaching their goals and has a flexible approach that enables the team to rapidly respond to changes.
Our culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, and problem solving is essential to our success. We bring people together with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We support teamwork, thinking big, and taking risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on relevant projects, while building an environment that provides support and mentorship needed to learn and grow. We’re excited to see what you’ll bring to our team.
- Work with the General Manager of the product line to transform the organization to a product-centric operating model following our transformational playbook
- Work with the Product owner(s) to align teams with the product vision, sprint goals, and other necessary information
- Facilitate groups of 30 or more and coach multiple teams across the product line
- Create an environment of collaboration within the teams that allows for open dialogue and productive solutions for resolving conflicts
- Champion continuous improvement activities to reduce waste and increase productivity; coach organization to conduct continuous improvement events
- Communicate organizational impediments to leadership; clear impediments for the team
- Embrace the concept of continuous learning in your own journey and instill the same in the team(s) you coach
- Coach product owners in creation and maintenance of the product backlog, including empirical planning
- Appreciate the depths of Agile practices and principles, and help teams appreciate them
- Teach systems thinking and servant leadership
- Bring ideas from professional facilitation, coaching, and conflict resolution to help the team become a high-performance team
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise with Agile and Scrum frameworks and their application in Product Development and delivery organization
- Ability to coach and mentor
- Ability to collaborate with and influence people at various levels
- Sound understanding of Scaling framework such as LeSS and various other Agile frameworks such as Kanban, XP
- Possess an executive presence and ability to coach multiple teams across the product
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology strategies
- Ability to leverage capabilities across the firm to solve local problems
- Preferred tool experience: JIRA, JIRA Align, Lucid spark and Confluence
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.