Website JPMorgan Chase
About the job
The Right Hire Will
This role is for an experienced, tech-savvy Product Manager to join a product team focused on shaping and enabling Asset Management’s end-to-end investment and client services technology platform, Spectrum. A successful candidate will partner with product managers, business stakeholders, user experience designers, and technologists to define and implement capabilities used by all AM functions. The level of exposure to key challenges, initiatives, and senior decision makers is completely dependent on your abilities.
- Act as a platform owner by learning the products’ capabilities, understanding the vision, and executing to improve the product. You’re the CEO of your product, innovating, advocating, and marketing the vision and value to your customers.
- Anticipate the need for and drive the development of new capabilities in Spectrum through partnership with product owners, end-users, and hundreds of technologists. Relentlessly prioritize development activities and align those to key result metrics with continuous communication back to this widespread audience.
- Represent the voice of the customer as part of a product-oriented, agile methodology, develop product vision / strategy and create clear epics and requirements that are understood by business, user experience designers and engineering partners.
- Upkeep product communication by effectively establishing and executing governance structures, building / maintaining product sites, and conducting trainings. Act as a primary liaison between stakeholders and teams.
- Be data, metrics, and analytics driven in your product development approach to ensure transparency and ability to track successful deliveries (while determining the next area of focus).
- Develop and implement platform standards, in partnership with UX and UI teams.
- Be flexible in what you work on as priorities shift and the nature of the next “most important” project may differ from prior discussions.
- A track record of being a hands-on product owner with a strong foundation for understanding technology – both in terms of how to leverage in your day-to-day responsibilities and ability to closely work with your developers on product capabilities. E.g., Use technology tools to perform data / process analysis or understanding technical limitations of delivering a particular user experience.
- Understanding and curiosity about how to apply technology to better solve for business needs – innovate and push past the comfort zone; familiarity with systems concepts, UX, data practices are desired.
- Desire to make the organization / product / process most efficient is critical.
- Strong quantitative and analytical problem solving skills, with the ability to establish business strategy, and engineer processes accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to partner and influence across functions and levels. Ability to resolve conflict and facilitate decision-making.
- “Do-er” attitude and take-action approach.
- Hands-on experience with Agile development methodologies and product management techniques. Experience with Jira and Confluence is desired but not required
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.