Website JPMorgan Chase
About the job
The Central Controls Office (CCO) is responsible for oversight and governance of the CIB control environment including: development and delivery of an enterprise-wide framework to manage control-related processes; develop and manage the end-to-end process for identification, remediation and completion of control issues, including those driven by regulation and or Compliance requirements.
A dynamic, innovative and driven individual to can work closely with a project manager to support on the day to day running of many initiatives.
- Assisting with the design and development of controls programmes or project based activities in the financial services industry
- Helping solve complex challenges at the core of programmes, by performing analysis, providing recommendations, proposing solutions, and implementing change
- Developing project plans and managing critical paths through understanding the inter-dependencies
- Progress reporting, risk management, and financial reporting in relation to the programme or project initiative
- Preparing financial reports as part of PMO role and undertaking financial modelling to prepare budgets and business cases
- Developing and delivering proposals and presentations
Key Skills And Requirements
- Proven experience as project support or PMO or relevant role
- Organizational and presentation skills
- Proactive, self-starter able to consistently deliver work of a high standard whilst under pressure, comfortable working independently in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Strong skills in time management with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and the ability to multi-task when required.
- Team player who works well with colleagues of all levels in achieving results, and willing to take personal accountability
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities, attention to detail and ability to present work accurately and professionally both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, databases and information systems
- Strong presentation skills including generating presentations and effectively communicating to management
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.