Website JPMorgan Chase
About the job
Stock Borrow Loan
SBL undertakes various trade structures ranging from short coverage, financing, conduit lending, dividend yield enhancement and the facilitation of longer-term non-standard structured deals. To support this, SBL borrows stock from counterparties based in various countries around the world and flows this stock through multiple legal entities onto the relevant risk entity.
The Stock Borrow Loan Middle office’s main function is to facilitate and control the end to end life cycle of Equity Borrow / Loan activity for the Investment Bank in EMEA. Liaison with external counterparties & traders on a day-to-day basis is the key to success.
Global Prime Brokerage meets clients’ needs by offering dynamic solutions, a full product suite of services across multiple asset classes, and the market-leading capabilities and financial strength of the entire firm. This includes extensive clearing, operational and funding capabilities delivered with real-time web access to activity, positions and cash.
Prime Services Middle Office support the Prime Clients owning Operational client experience across the Prime clients. Ensuring that all aspects of transaction management are completed on time, exceptions are resolved and provide subject matter expertise to the hedge fund clients.
Project management role responsible for the delivery, management and governance of the Stock Borrow Loan & Prime Cash Strategic and Business initiatives. The role offers the opportunity to support and manage all types of projects from Core Platform Enhancements, bank/business wide changes and market and regulatory initiatives. Delivering all on a regional and global scale with opportunity to develop and expand skills across other line of business. Focusing on achieving business efficiencies, business growth and increasing capacity for the operational groups.
- Maintain a robust and auditable governance process to ensure accurate and timely delivery of overall project
- Produce project reporting for Management and Stakeholders
- Co-ordinate the collation of supporting documentation throughout the Project
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Stakeholders
- Co-ordinate the logistics around setting up meetings, creation of agenda’s, documentation and communication of minutes / follow up actions
- Drive the initiatives forward, provide leadership, direction and focus for business functions and project resources
- Delivering Executive updates and summaries
- Effective issue escalation management
- Project Management experience preferred
- Strong people skills, with ability to build relationships with all types of stakeholders, at all levels across all business area’s
- Self-starter, pro-active, organized, with a keen eye for detail and have the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated success in delivering initiatives on time through strong planning, processing, analytical, organisational and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Confident and assertive with the ability to push back when necessary
- Initiative – taking the lead in unstructured situations, including seizing new opportunities
- Flexible attitude in dealing with multiple tasks with tight time frames and limited supervision
- Accountability and responsibility for own actions
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio
- Possible requirement to work weekends on implementations or migrations
- Core hours : 8.30am-6pm, however expectation to work overtime as the business requires.
Flexible working arrangements can be discussed
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.