Website JPMorgan Chase
About the job
Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Market Risk Management is an independent risk group, reporting to the firm’s Chief Risk Officer (CRO), which identifies, measures, monitors and controls the financial risks related to movements in market prices. The organization serves as the key interface for discussing risk issues on a respective trading portfolio with the trading desks.
The Market Risk Regulatory Solutions team works closely with Market Risk teams aligned to each Line of Business and other partner teams including Front Office, Quantitative Research, Technology, Finance, Capital Policy, and Model Review teams to deliver strategic and consistent solutions across to critical regulatory asks impacting Market Risk.
As a vital member of the Market Risk Organization, responsibilities & opportunities will include:
- You will work with project leads, subject matter experts and engage with stakeholders to elicit / analyze business needs translating them to user, functional and non-functional requirements for development teams.
- You will help interpret regulatory and strategic business requirements in conjunction with market risk stakeholders to manage scoping of business requirements and delivery.
- You will partner with Technology, Quantitative Research and Finance teams to help design and challenge solutioning of requirements and help define the criteria to ensure successful delivery of business needs
- You will perform detailed analyses and deep-dive investigations (both quantitative and qualitative) into key areas of a program, helping ensure we achieve accurate, efficient and optimal solutions. This can include using innovative Data Science techniques to analyze data from a variety of sources to create insights that enable better decision-making.
- You will document improvements to frameworks, processes and tools as well as presenting/assessing solutions for implementation of different business needs.
- You will work with Market Risk Program Managers to manage project plans, track achievements, issues and risks and report status of plan execution to senior management.
- You will lead/participate in working groups with multiple functional teams (e.g. Quantitative Research, Technology, Finance and Policy) to develop and oversee strategic implementation plans.
- You will develop a strong foundation of various market risk concepts across all asset classes to manage delivery of business mandatory market risk related changes.
- You will build a good understanding of key Market risk business processes to support presentation of complex topics to senior management.
- You will have opportunities to join thematic working groups covering topics such as Diversity and Inclusion, Climate Change and Digitalization.
- You will have opportunities to access an extensive range of training and personal development programs.
- Strong analytical skills to derive results in order to support key business decisions. Solution-orientated and proactive with excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills. Ability to build strong relationships and to work across multiple streams under pressure to deliver business demands on-time and to a high standard.
- Proven experience reviewing/understanding requirements from end users and translating them to user, functional and non-functional requirements for development teams.
- Experience in working in projects spanning stakeholders across multiple areas (Finance / QR / Technology / Risk)
- High level understanding project management concepts and approach
- Experience and understanding of working on systems and products across asset classes.
- Experience in Financial Markets/Market Risk with good knowledge of key risk metrics and risk process flows.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, ability to build and maintain relationships with functional partners and stakeholders.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.