Website Just Eat
About the job
With over 98 million active users across 25 countries, here at Just Eat Takeaway.com, we’re a global food tech company, connecting our customers from Amsterdam to Auckland with the food they love.
All About The Role
Just Eat Takeaway (JET) is looking for a Director of Product to manage its courier and logistics products in core Just Eat markets: the UK, ANZ, Canada, and other Just Eat legacy markets.
We offer the opportunity to play a pivotal role in impacting a world leader’s vision and future growth in the food delivery marketplace. Our goal is to provide the perfect food ordering experience every time for tens of millions of consumers globally. While enabling a consistent and reliable customer experience, we strive to innovate and lead in this competitive sector. Our journey is one of continuous experimentation and discovery; we are fast-paced and focused on the success of our platform and team.
You would lead one pillar of a three-sided marketplace (customer, restaurant, courier), covering multiple channels (iOS, Android, web) in one of JET’s largest markets. The Courier pillar balances the sustainability of a complex product ecosystem with rapid evolution to respond to tactical and strategic challenges.
We’re looking for an experienced product leader capable of seeing the big picture and helping to resolve operational and organisational issues, and simplify processes. The Courier Pillar Product team is responsible for understanding logistics dynamics and providing our couriers with the best experience in their local markets. You would also work closely with colleagues in other product areas so as to ultimately optimise the customer experience via more reliable, faster logistics and a better courier experience. You would be responsible for assimilating contractual and regulatory requirements with commercial and marketing initiatives, working closely with Engineering and Design leaders to build roadmaps that deliver on JET’s vision, values, and strategy.
As part of this varied role, we’re also counting on you to:
- Together with your team, build the vision for Couriers and Logistics facing products for core markets. We operate 2 logistics model – Scoober for our employed couriers and Skip for our gig economy
- Lead large teams of product managers who manage all our courier models. We have 2 courier models in JET made for the gig economy and our employed couriers
- Partner closely with design, delivery and tech teams to develop a value based global roadmap
- Drive and contribute to cross-functional initiatives.
- Develop short, medium, and long-term roadmaps with your team.
- Be empathetic to the needs of your product development and commercial colleagues – aligning your OKRs to focus teams on changes that will drive the most value.
- Measure impact – track and report on key metrics.
- Foster a user-centric culture with a strong discovery framework.
- Create a culture of ongoing learning culture and experimentation.
- Advocate for speed to market while ensuring the development cycle is lean and efficient.
- Drive collaboration, inclusion, and resilience – bring different disciplines, perspectives, and cultures together in a welcoming environment focused on success.
- Build a talent pipeline and provide an exceptional talent experience to team members.
Can you deliver…
Here’s what we’re looking for from our Product Director – Logistics…
- E-commerce/marketplace experience (food delivery sector an asset).
- Expertise in navigating the variables and complexities of logistics networks.
- An understanding of modern software development, business analysis, and analytics.
- An understanding of product architecture to drive scalability
- Commercial business acumen and ability to share insights with others on competition, price sensitivity, network effects, supply and demand mechanics.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with colleagues.
- Experience working in a data-driven environment with the ability to build key results, customer feedback loops, and advanced analytics into the product development process.
- Some experience working with machine learning products and data science
- Exceptional understanding and practical experience of product management – discovery, strategy, agile development with the proven ability to head and develop a world-class product team
- Demonstrated experience applying user-centric product methodologies, using data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Ability to bring strategic and big picture thinking, set a clear vision and plan, and be hands-on.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with stakeholders such as engineering, design, and delivery teams and leadership.
- Proven track record of meeting deliverables.
- Be a strong leader and communicator – you are a confident, competent, and inspiring people manager who can motivate, develop and empower people.
- Embody inclusion and collaboration across teams.
- Have a solution-focused, innovative approach with a high degree of attention to detail while managing multiple priorities.
Here is our offer
Here at JET, we offer our colleagues the chance to develop and grow alongside top talent in one of the world’s leading food delivery companies. By providing a creative, dynamic and innovative environment, we empower our people and give them the ingredients for success. Ready to join us? Click Apply Now and send us your CV!
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, or where you are from, you can find your place at Just Eat Takeaway.com. We’re committed to creating an inclusive culture, encouraging diversity of people and thinking, in which all employees feel they truly belong and can bring their most colourful selves to work every day.
More About Us
Want to know more about our company vision, culture or career growth opportunities? Have a look at our careers site.
Department: Tech & Product