Website Leeds City Council
Our ambition is to be the best city and to be the ‘best council’ in the UK; fair, open, and welcoming with an economy that is both prosperous and sustainable, so all our communities are successful. It’s an incredibly exciting time to consider Leeds City Council as your next career step. With a multitude of innovative schemes currently underway to help support the city’s ambition to be ‘The Best’, this is an excellent opportunity to join a forward-looking workforce, to contribute to the delivery of major transport infrastructure, regeneration and housing growth.
- Your portfolio may cover a range of complex areas of work including area-based initiatives and plans, unlocking strategic development opportunities, major infrastructure investment, housing investment, historic assets, estate regeneration, neighbourhood and high street regeneration, economic developments, leading on funding bids or community initiatives.
- As Principal Regeneration Officer you will be responsible for directly leading, co-ordinating and supporting a range of high profile and complex work streams which support the work of the Asset Management and Regeneration service, with specific focus on the development and delivery of development initiatives and regeneration programmes for the city.
- The role will be at the forefront of defining and developing regeneration solutions in one of the largest and most exciting cities in the UK – you will have the opportunity to build a significant profile working with public and private sector partners and have flexibility within our team to deploy your expertise across a diverse range of activities, or to explore new challenges.
- You will not be directly responsible for project managing implementation of schemes, but you will work closely in handing this role over to our internal Project Management team.
- You will understand the importance and be capable of actively using governance and risk management to progress your work and be a highly able communicator through report writing, presentations and your own engaging personal style.
- You will be able to work positively and closely with immediate team colleagues and those from across other Council services and partners, to take the lead on programme team activities, or delegate and empower others as required to develop programmes and work plans, commission research, option appraisal exercises, feasibility studies and other related project activities.
- You will play a key role in supporting the leadership of the service and managing the workloads of the team and have the ability to provide high quality well-being, mentoring and management support for up to two colleagues.
- You will be adept at building good working relationships with colleagues, clients and partners to deliver council objectives across all levels, with commercial intelligence and a clear understanding of how to work in a political setting.
- Through your work you will be open, inclusive, responsive, and accountable and always focused on positive solutions to achieving diversity and equality in all aspects of your work.
Qualification & Experience:
- You have significant and proven experience and expertise in working in and delivering successful regeneration, asset or place-based programmes
Company: Leeds City Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here