£11.90 up to £13.00 per hour – This isn’t clocking in and clocking out. This is helping us run like clockwork.
Our Shift Managers keep our stores running like clockwork. From motivating the team and delegating tasks, to rolling up their sleeves and getting stuck in, our Shift Managers help us to maintain our high standards every day. They support our Store Managers and Deputy Store Managers and take full responsibility for the shop floor when running a shift.
You will help satisfy customers and be the crucial difference in ensuring your store meets its targets. It’s fast paced, and can be tough, but you’ll see the rewards from putting in the hard work. Join us and be part of an internationally-recognised growing brand. Choose us to progress your career and we’ll give you the responsibility to prove yourself as a leader. Find out more below and apply for a career a Lidl less ordinary.
Once your application has been reviewed if it matches to the requirements of the role someone from the recruitment team will get in touch to chat about your application. The process will include a telephone interview and face-to-face selection event. We look forward to receiving your application.
What you’ll do
- Lead and motivate your team, in accordance with our Leadership and Company Principles
- Create an environment where your colleagues can do their best work
- Delegate tasks and solve problems swiftly
- Lead your store in the absence of the Store Manager and Deputy Store Manager, taking responsibility for day-to-day operations including the monitoring of store figures
- Keep on top of freshness, inventory and stock management, and cash processes to ensure shifts run smoothly
- Keep everything tidy and clean, on the shop floor and behind the scenes
- Ensuring and providing excellent customer service throughout the store
What you’ll need
- Experience of leading a sizable team to achieve targets in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to effectively delegate tasks and motivate a team
- A customer-focused manner, remaining level-headed in any situation
- Willingness to work as a key part of the store team, completing daily tasks on every shift
- A responsible approach and excellent communication skills so you can provide your colleagues with feedback to help develop themselves and the store
What you’ll receive
This isn’t getting by. This is getting what you deserve. We’re proud to have a culture and salary structure that promotes both the equality of opportunity, and pay.
Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We’re proud to offer a competitive hourly rate with 30-35 days’ holiday per year (pro rata). Save for your future with our pension scheme or save today with a 10% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company’s receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.